New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    ondoy,

Interesting site. Where did you get the product?

What oil will you use on the trooper during the rinsing phase of auto-rx since synthetics are not recommended?

2. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    jackaroo,

Auto-Rx is only available from their site, hence ordering is via the internet with payment through credit cards. Unfortunately they do not have an international delivery, so you should have the goods delivered to either a U.S. or Canada address. In my case, Auto-Rx was delivered to a U.S. address, and my friend in turn sent it to me via a balikbayan box.

There is no other alternative for the 4JX1, so during the rinsing phase, Isuzu Besco 10W-30 shall definitely be used. After the rinsing phase, you are free to use any oil of choice, and for me, these are the Petron All-terrain 5W-30, Mobil Delvac 1 5W-40, Castrol Elixion 5W-30 (which I also got from the U.S.) and Isuzu Besco 10W-30, plus 3 ounces of Auto-Rx, as the maintenance dose, for every oil change.

By the way, my plan is to use Auto-Rx only during the cleaning phase. For the succeeding maintenance doses, I intend to use Lube Control, primarily for financial reason; it is much cheaper than Auto-Rx. Please check-out this Lube Control site.

I understand you have a problem with the injectors of your 4JX1. Auto-Rx will clean-up the oil passages of the HEUIs, and hopefully bring back their performance level to desired condition.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    ondoy,

Do you think that the trooper's injectors will malfunction due to dirty oil or poor diesel fuel?

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    jackaroo,

Yes in a way, but up to what extent, I do not know. On the oil side, I think the 4JX1 is really sensitive and leaves no stones unturned just to be sure that the oil that gets into the injectors is immaculately clean as possible. Unlike other common-rail systems, notably the Ford PSD, the 4JX1 requires an additional secondary oil filter just so that dirt that passed through the main oil filter will have to be stopped by this other filter before the oil goes into the high-pressure rail and thence into the injectors. I think any help to clean-up the oil passages of the common-rail system, such as that provided by Auto-Rx, would go a long way towards enhancing the performance of the injectors.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Extended Oil Drains for Diesels.....