New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Hello car lovers,

Any suggestion kung ano dapat gawin sa mga nararamdaman kong sira ng kotse ko, it is a Toyota EX Saloon na 3SFE 2.0 DOHC EFi ang engine.

Exhaust smokes that smells like gasoline, rough idling and malakas sa gas. Hindi naman sya kumakain ng langis and ok naman ang andar nya.

Ang sabi ng mekaniko kailangan daw na palitan ang valve seals? Any suggestions guys? And saan kaya magaling at murang mekaniko dito sa bandang Fairview, Q.C.

Last question is mga magkano kaya aabutin ng gastos kung pa top overhaul ko na sya.

Maraming Salamat.

Arnold

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by arl_balan View Post
    Hello car lovers,

Any suggestion kung ano dapat gawin sa mga nararamdaman kong sira ng kotse ko, it is a Toyota EX Saloon na 3SFE 2.0 DOHC EFi ang engine.

Exhaust smokes that smells like gasoline, rough idling and malakas sa gas. Hindi naman sya kumakain ng langis and ok naman ang andar nya.

Ang sabi ng mekaniko kailangan daw na palitan ang valve seals? Any suggestions guys? And saan kaya magaling at murang mekaniko dito sa bandang Fairview, Q.C.

Last question is mga magkano kaya aabutin ng gastos kung pa top overhaul ko na sya.

Maraming Salamat.

Arnold

The same thing has happened to my Corolla's engine. One or more of the cylinder valves are not sealing properly and leaking. So during the compression stage, air and fuel leaks out into the exhaust manifold hence the gasoline smell in the exhaust. Since one of the cylinders under performing, the idle is "lumpy" and you feel the engine is not giving the same amount of power too.

The solution is an engine top overhaul where the mechanic removes the engine head and have the valve and valve-seals replaced and properly seated for a good seal. Downside, it can get expensive so make sure it is done properly the first time.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    The same thing has happened to my Corolla's engine. One or more of the cylinder valves are not sealing properly and leaking. So during the compression stage, air and fuel leaks out into the exhaust manifold hence the gasoline smell in the exhaust. Since one of the cylinders under performing, the idle is "lumpy" and you feel the engine is not giving the same amount of power too.

The solution is an engine top overhaul where the mechanic removes the engine head and have the valve and valve-seals replaced and properly seated for a good seal. Downside, it can get expensive so make sure it is done properly the first time.

Thanks Ghost Hunter!

When i change the spark plugs 4 months ago, I saw that one of the plug is coated with oil and knowing that I just recently changed the oil, it is now black in color.

Any idea how much it will cost me and a good mechanic?

Gracias again Ghost Hunter.

Arnold

4. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    I'm not sure sa labor price ng TOH. Ako na kasi nag DIY repair overhaul ng kotse ko. Mura lang valve seals depende sa klase ng bilhin mo. Head gasket lang mas mataas ang presyo. Pasabay mo rin palitan yun mga rubber seals sa Cylinder head. gaya ng distributor oil seal, cam shaft oil seal para isang gastusan na. Mura lang yun mga rubber seals.

Then bantayan mo yun gagawa ng mechanic. Dapat linisan niya mabuti yun carbon deposits sa mga valves. Dahil useless yun palit valve seals kung di properly sealed ang mga valves dahil sa nakabarang carbon deposits or sunog na oil.

Diyan ako nadale noon di pa ako marunong gumawa ng kotse.
    Last edited by Chinoi; June 24th, 2013 at 11:14 AM.