New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post

"Nippon Micro Filter". I bought it this morning at a local shop. It's a taller than OEM. Is it any good?
    Yes, Nippon Micro Filter is even better than VIC filters. As Nippon Micro is one of the O.E. supplier to FUSO Japan and Toyota Japan(Some models). The filter material they use is a very high quality Japan made one, they don't import the paper element from other countries. Also Nippon Micro is the choice of rebranding companies like Beck Arnley USA for their filters, The Nippon Micro brand is widely being sold in Australia, Russia, UK, USA(Rebranded Beck Arnley) and etc... while it is also being sold in the Philippines in the Visayas and Mindanao region as a higher quality than VIC, unlike in Luzon and Metro Manila where price is KING and price is the deciding filter for automotive shops in the Visayas and Mindanao Region they let you choose if you want a better quality one or the cheaper one at least you have a choice.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Yes, Nippon Micro Filter is even better than VIC filters. As Nippon Micro is one of the O.E. supplier to FUSO Japan and Toyota Japan(Some models). The filter material they use is a very high quality Japan made one, they don't import the paper element from other countries. Also Nippon Micro is the choice of rebranding companies like Beck Arnley USA for their filters, The Nippon Micro brand is widely being sold in Australia, Russia, UK, USA(Rebranded Beck Arnley) and etc... while it is also being sold in the Philippines in the Visayas and Mindanao region as a higher quality than VIC, unlike in Luzon and Metro Manila where price is KING and price is the deciding FACTOR for automotive shops and consumers in the Visayas and Mindanao Region they let you choose if you want a better quality one or the cheaper one at least you have a choice.[/QUOTE]

3. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    dito that pretty decent filters

4. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Photo of the build quality of nippon micro filter
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails nipponmicro1.jpg  

5. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    I bought it once and when I cracked it through, I found a second soft spring loaded valve that apparently has no use. Pretty odd.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JulesManwood View Post
    I bought it once and when I cracked it through, I found a second soft spring loaded valve that apparently has no use. Pretty odd.
    You mean to say you just bought an oil filter then you cut it open without even using it? When and where did you buy Nippon Micro brand? As far as I know it is only available in the Visayas and Mindanao region as the distributor is in Visayas. Are you a new member here in Tsikot?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by JulesManwood View Post
    As far as I know for my vios oil filter, I asked my uncle to buy 2pcs MICRO filter from Cebu, 1pc I've already used and 1pc for my spare. Since I was curious I cut opened my last spare and so that you can see the photos inside the MICRO filter itself. I also found that it had only one spring loaded bypass valve.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails img_1379.jpg   img_1380.jpg   img_1378.jpg   img_1381.jpg  

8. Join Date
    May 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by JapanABC View Post
    Yes, Nippon Micro Filter is even better than VIC filters. As Nippon Micro is one of the O.E. supplier to FUSO Japan and Toyota Japan(Some models). The filter material they use is a very high quality Japan made one, they don't import the paper element from other countries. Also Nippon Micro is the choice of rebranding companies like Beck Arnley USA for their filters, The Nippon Micro brand is widely being sold in Australia, Russia, UK, USA(Rebranded Beck Arnley) and etc... while it is also being sold in the Philippines in the Visayas and Mindanao region as a higher quality than VIC, unlike in Luzon and Metro Manila where price is KING and price is the deciding FACTOR for automotive shops and consumers in the Visayas and Mindanao Region they let you choose if you want a better quality one or the cheaper one at least you have a choice.
    [/QUOTE]

May reseller/shop kaya nito sa Manila area? How much is the price difference vs Vic?

9. Join Date
    Dec 2013
    May reseller/shop kaya nito sa Manila area? How much is the price difference vs Vic?[/QUOTE]

Meron lang ako nakita sa bandang Baguio na shop nagcacarry ng Micro brand, I think si Ongking A/s or sa Lucena si Lucena Micron. Sa Manila only truck parts shop ang nagcacarry ng Micro brand.
    Price difference parang iba iba meron iba parang almost close price or same price dahil masmalakas Micro sa production ng specific models pero yung pang Vios ko parang 20% masmahal sa VIC.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Ever used this japan oil filter?