New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Where do I find a shop that specializes in engine support repairs? and how much is the usual charge? thanks. BTW, my car is a lancer 95 glxi, thanks in advance!

2. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by red07 View Post
    Where do I find a shop that specializes in engine support repairs? and how much is the usual charge? thanks. BTW, my car is a lancer 95 glxi, thanks in advance!

Palitan mo na lang kesa ipa repair mo.

3. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    A ok, magkano kay aabutin?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    ...if you can't find any, shops like cruven can fabricate one for you .-- though ang sabi sakin ng mekaniko, mas matigas siya, hence more vibration

5. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    I see. Howabout sa Zafra? Thanks!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Just buy a new support and have a mechanic put it in. You can DIY (Do it yourself) if you have the tools, but some supports are hard to reach.

Be sure that you buy a good brand. Some cheap replacement parts are made of very soft rubber, and will give out faster than the stock or original supports.

Cruven can fashion you engine supports out of solid rubber. There will be more vibration (sometimes... sometimes not really), but they'll last practically forever. Definitely costs less than original supports.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

7. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    engine support fabrication is usually done when parts aren't available anymore. parts are still abundant for the lancer itlog, replacement or original.

if you're going for replacement, get the three-five (555) brand from a reputable auto supply. it's the best replacement engine support for the lancer.

you have four engine supports, two under the engine, one at the right and one at the lower left (all when facing your engine from the front of the hood). change all of them at the same time.

engine support replacement is a routine repair. all reputable shops can do it.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Maybe i'll just buy a replacement and have it installed. Thanks for all your help!

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I just had my engine supports replaced last Tuesday at Cruven Sucat.
    My car is a Mitsu Galant SS 2.0 MT. It cost me around 5.5k (parts and labor).
    Replaced all 4 engine supports (iba-iba yung price ng support & labor, pinakamahal yung sa back).
    After the replacement wala na yung vibration and tahimik na makina ko...parang brand new... ;-) and nakatulong rin sa suspension ko sa harap, hindi na masyado ramdam mga lubak...
    and mas masarap ng mag-drive...

yung Air-Con nman next kong papagawa (hay, gastos!).

;-)

10. Join Date
    Feb 2007
    5.5K? magastos nga pla, I hope it'll be much more cheaper for my car since lancer lang naman, thanks for the info bro!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine Support Inquiry