New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Being an old school enthusiast, Im really not into turbo, I still want that "hagok sound", I just want a modern engine for reliability and ease of mind.

The car is too nice to go hybrid, so mitsu engines are a priority.

Di ba may 4X2 V6 ang pajero? Maybe this could fit in.

If the engine is from a FWD, I want to know how it could be converted to RWD, what tranny to use, etc.

SR20DE (N/A) is another cheap alternative, very tempting!!!

Yes, the sylvia in tokyo drift had a worked RB26DET w/c later on was swapped out to the mustang body.

2. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Miata engine... too much work for too little gain. Even the 1.8 is kinda weak, and it put out so little that Mazda had to downgrade the HP ratings for it after a while (sounds familiar, huh? ).

The problem with a V6 or Pajero block is physical space limitations. You might be able to shoehorn one in, but clearance and cooling difficulties may make it unreliable... a four-banger is still your best bet... or if you can fit a 4G32 transmission to a naturally aspirated 6A12, that would be great... but I wouldn't want to be the guy who has to design the custom exhaust manifolds...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    maliit yata ang space ng dodge colt engine bay to fit the V6 from a montero/pajero...unless willing kang lakihan ang butas ng firewall

the 4G63 (galant engine ba eto?) are from FF cars, baka walang magmatch na tranny.

you don't have other choice yata but do a hybrid.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Mga Sir, baka kasi iniisip niyo na yung old old (71) Dodge Colt ang kotse ko, yung Dodge Colt ko yung malaki na galant sigma.

Attached is a picture of my future project car.

Small block lang naman ang V6 ng mitsu, kasya naman... ata...

Pag 4G63 naman ng GTi, di ba pa harap ng firewall yung intake?
    Paano yun?

Ano yung 6A12... engine na sinasabi niyo?

5. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    The 6A12 is a 200hp 2 liter V6 found in the FTO.

Supposedly the 4G63 can use the 4G32 transmission, so a 4G63 from the GTi can fit the Sigma... and supposedly, again, the 6A12 can share FWD trannies with the 4G63... so it might be possible to use the original tranny with that engine... or not... it'll probably be hell to work out the wiring.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Problem is, most of the FTO's are A/T, would the ECU work properly if mated to a 5 speed RWD M/T?

Yes, looks like wiring will ba a hell to work out! hehe...

In the case naman of a SR20DE engine, puede from A/T to M/T without replacing the ECU, advatage pa kasi the A/T ECU will give you more RPM range, tsaka subok na ito.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Yup. And the swap is relatively cheap. (Hell, everyone's doing it.)

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    a 6 cylinder engine wont fit a 4 cylinder tranny and vice versa... for mitsu engines, that is.

4g93(ba yun)-turbo ka nalang..pero 1.8L lang.... may rwd version, pero galing sa pajero IO....baka masyado na complex ang GDI versions, much more gdi-turbo ng mga ganitong makina, lalo na for swap...

4g64->2.4L gas....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Engine Suggestions