New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    well, i replaced all of the sparkplugs(went with NGK platinums this time), and reused one of the old HT wires -- there's this crackling noise near one of the sparkplugs(bad connection between sparkplug and HT wire perhaps?) -- ganun pa rin, pero parang tumino ng konti

buo pa naman ung contact point.

ung carb kasi kakalinis ko lang 2-3 months ago.

at idle, parang sinisinok ung engine; i.e. you can definitely detect "gaps" in the engine hum, parang sinisinok, although not as evident
    Tuned up sir.. valve clearance.. lahat2x gawin mo na...

2. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    finally had it checked out by a kapitbahay's mekaniko. tune up lang daw ang kelangan. he made some adjustments to the distributor/ignition, cleaned the contact points/rotor, ok na -- for a time.

but after the test drive bumigay din ung contact point. luckily i still had a spare orig at home. seems to have run perfectly after it was replaced. advise din niya to replace the condenser soon.

not really sure what caused the contact point to break down though; i've driven a lot farther prior to today, hindi naman bumigay. kung sabagay, i don't really rev the engine that hard; siguro nagbreak down na siya with the higher than usual revving/current going through it

medyo kinabahan ako while he was troubleshooting and revving the engine hard; me naririning akong loud pops coming from the engine. sagot lang niya, sa timing lang daw ang problema

um, anybody wanna buy some slightly used sparkplugs? B)

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hahahaha!!! lupet mo bro!! tago mo nalang yan spark plugs who know when you might need them. pero ingat mga peeps may fake na spark plug na. just buy from your suking auto supply or any reputable store para sigurado.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    mods,
    Looks like this discussion belongs to the Workshop Forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
engine "stalls"