New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    where is the best place to buy an engine replacement?

currently i am using type Z honda medyo may tama na sya kaya gusto ko na palitan.

what do you think is the best engine i could use yung may mas malakas na power kasi bitin yung sa current eh.

idea naman kung san mura at maganda bumili at kung sila na din ba nag kakabit.

sabi ng iba acura engine daw ilagay ko pero di ko sure kung kakasya sya sa kotse ko ngayon.

thank in advance.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Honda D15 VTEC 1.6L SOHC will suffice. Find one with VTEC. If you really want to go all out, get a B16. But why the heck Acura?!? If they're referring to the Integra's B18, it's just a rebadged Honda.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    san ba maganda bumili i mean any particular plase in banawe or evangelista?

how much do you think is the cost?

sila na din ba nag kakabit?

thanks.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    guys ask lang.

what can you say about the b18a engine as replacement to my b15d on my type Z car?

b18c medyo may kataasan kasi presyo like around 180K yata or 150K while b18a eh nasa 80 to 100K.

thanks for the input.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by vh3r View Post
    guys ask lang.

what can you say about the b18a engine as replacement to my b15d on my type Z car?

b18c medyo may kataasan kasi presyo like around 180K yata or 150K while b18a eh nasa 80 to 100K.

thanks for the input.
    jdm d15b nalang para less hassle...

sohc to sohc engine swap kasi so less engine mounting modifications sa bay...

Ive seen a sprint between d15bs on a city gen1 and an esi. Damn the city can keep up

Wait a minute did you say your city currently has d15b?
    Last edited by isa1023; April 19th, 2010 at 10:23 AM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Engine Master banawe subukan mong tumingin ng surplus na Honda na makina.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yup naka 1.5L na yung type Z ko po.

medyo di na din ganda hatak nya since nabangga kaya plano ko na din talaga palitan.

so does that mean remain ko nalang sa d15 yung engine ko then upgrade other parts nalang?

Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    jdm d15b nalang para less hassle...

sohc to sohc engine swap kasi so less engine mounting modifications sa bay...

Ive seen a sprint between d15bs on a city gen1 and an esi. Damn the city can keep up

Wait a minute did you say your city currently has d15b?

8. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    yup naka 1.5L na yung type Z ko po.

medyo di na din ganda hatak nya since nabangga kaya plano ko na din talaga palitan.

so does that mean remain ko nalang sa d15 yung engine ko then upgrade other parts nalang?
    Maybe your 1.5 got vtec (I think it's the hyper 16 model ????) but I am quite sure it aint a jdm d15b, which has 130 horses at the crank and has power vtec implementation, which is ONLY good for highway sprints and racing.

If you don't do spirited driving really often, you really don't need this engine. But then again, it's nice to know you have something great and real jdm under the hood..8)

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yup its the vtec 1.5.

just want to replace it dahil nga ng nabunggo sya eh hirap na sya humatak at kapag umaabot palang ako ng 120 eh sobrang taas na ng termostat ko which is nakaka paranoid tingnan :D

nope i don't do sprint i just use this car for my daily driving work and office but syempre i use it to go out of town which is kapag out of town kayo eh gusto mo mabilis ang byahe dahil napag iiwanan ka sa kalsada lalo na naka dress up kotse mo tapos di ka maka hataw

anyway so you think ok na kung mag jdm d15b nalang ako and upgrade other parts than getting b18?

thanks sa sagot.

Quote Originally Posted by isa1023 View Post
    Maybe your 1.5 got vtec (I think it's the hyper 16 model ????) but I am quite sure it aint a jdm d15b, which has 130 horses at the crank and has power vtec implementation, which is ONLY good for highway sprints and racing.

If you don't do spirited driving really often, you really don't need this engine. But then again, it's nice to know you have something great and real jdm under the hood..8)

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    yup its the vtec 1.5
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Honda_C...281996-2002.29

[SIZE=1]"The third generation city had the D-series engines, namely variations of the D13B and D15B. The D15B was reduced in power for the Asian markets where the car was sold, but its power to weight ratio remained superior to that of the competition. The kerb weight of the car was 985 kg, and the output of the D15B was 115 hp (86 kW). The car had an impressive 0-100kph time of around 10 seconds."[/SIZE]

According to the above source, it already has D15B with vtec.
    Your model has a phdm D15B reduced to 115 horsepower. Not bad at all.

just want to replace it dahil nga ng nabunggo sya eh hirap na sya humatak at kapag umaabot palang ako ng 120 eh sobrang taas na ng termostat ko which is nakaka paranoid tingnan :D
    Napaayos mo na ba makina mo? Pano mo nasabing may tama pa rin?
    Hindi kaya radiator mo na ang may tama?

Ganyan din yung D15B ko dati sa ESi. Nagpalit lang ako ng thermostat at nagpalinis ng radiator umokay na.

nope i don't do sprint i just use this car for my daily driving work and office but syempre i use it to go out of town which is kapag out of town kayo eh gusto mo mabilis ang byahe dahil napag iiwanan ka sa kalsada lalo na naka dress up kotse mo tapos di ka maka hataw
    I think you already have enough power in your stock 1500 engine.

anyway so you think ok na kung mag jdm d15b nalang ako and upgrade other parts than getting b18?
    JDM D15B
    Swapping just to get only 15 more additional horses may not be worth the
    money.

JDM B18C
    Your City gets overpowered. You have to fabricate hood bay's engine mounts bigtime (to accomodate a much bigger DOHC) and upgrade anything else (brakes, suspension etc) to handle power.

Your call..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
engine replacement