New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    mga sir,

Ano po ang sign ng blown engine and if so ano po ang mga symptoms nito,mag start pa po ba ang car if it has a blown eninge?or would it be usable pa?will it sustain long driving?

pasensya na po medyo new lang ako pag dating sa car kaya nagtatanong tanong po.

thanks you po sa mga replies.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    blown engine? hhmm di ko lam paanu maexplain but eto lang yan eh...

malaking problema! malaking gastos!

i know(i think) some causes ng blowing engines are:

low or non engine oil

defective cooling system

over revving (high revving exceeding redline on rpm gauge)

overloading(ata?)

miss alligned timing belts/chains

and many more

what might happen after engine blown:

crack engine block
    crack piston components
    dislocated valves
    destroyed cam shafts
    miss aligned pulleys
    damaged flywheel
    blown manifolds(intake and exhaust)

and madameng madame pa: di lang ako masyadong alam sa mga mangyayari talaga, pero yan ang mga naririnig ko

3. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    anu pala yung car niyo sir at anung engine po. change engine ka nalang bro.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsweep View Post
    Ano po ang sign ng blown engine and if so ano po ang mga symptoms nito,mag start pa po ba ang car if it has a blown eninge?or would it be usable pa?will it sustain long driving?
    Signs of a blown engine can be varied depending on the kind of damage it got.

Among other things:
    -smoke from exhaust
    -rough running engine
    -loss of engine power
    -leaking fluids
    -smoke from engine
    -engine stall, won't start
    -heavy vibration from engine
    -loss of fluids (but no external leak)
    -parts of engine or engine block falling off the car

If it can take a long drive..., it would depend on how bad the damage is. Obviously the longer you let the damaged engine run, the more damage it will get and the worst it will be. Example: s simple lost compression in one cylinder will let the engine run but the vibration will damage other parts if left running too long.
    Last edited by ghosthunter; September 17th, 2009 at 05:58 PM.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    From Sir GH:
    Among other things:
    -smoke from exhaust
    -rough running engine
    -loss of engine power
    -leaking fluids
    -smoke from engine
    -engine stall, won't start
    -heavy vibration from engine
    -loss of fluids (but no external leak)
    -parts of engine or engine block falling off the car

-----Sir Among these significant changes in an engine ,what would be the earliest sign that would possibly be seen in a blown engine.

and sir i think the car overloaded(corrrect me if i'm wrong) because the airconditioning systems' freon leaked because the fan was busted,the leak was from the compressor,but the car is still running ,i don't know if it have not started to show signs of the said problem..

thank you for replying and taking time to answer my question sir.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by streetsweep View Post
    -----Sir Among these significant changes in an engine ,what would be the earliest sign that would possibly be seen in a blown engine.
    -significant loss of power
    -smoke from tail-pipe
    -smoke from engine
    -vibration
    -weird noise(s) from engine

and sir i think the car overloaded(corrrect me if i'm wrong) because the airconditioning systems' freon leaked because the fan was busted,the leak was from the compressor,but the car is still running ,i don't know if it have not started to show signs of the said problem..

thank you for replying and taking time to answer my question sir.
    If your problem is just the freon leaking, it has pretty much nothing to do with your engine's operation. Just find the leak, have it fixed and have new freon pumped in.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    If the problem is only overloaded because of air conditioning freon leak has nothing to do to blow your engine . It may be with your busted fan can cause engine overheat for a long time travel might loss water cause overheat and engine damage . Do some compression test so you can see the condition of the engine.

8. Join Date
    May 2007
    Does it run? If so, listen for loud knocks, engine will vibrate so hard. Look for heavy blue or grey smoke, Look for oil in the water or water in the oil, look for holes in the block.

If you hear a........cluuurg, cluuurg....clank, clank and the engine vibration is worser than a malarial fever and the smoke are enough to nuke all the Mosquito's in the neighborhood then you know its a worse nightmare.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Mga Sir,

Maraming salamat po sa reply ninyo,i thought the engine knocked but hindi pala ,the time parang my nafeel akong something sa engine yun pala yung compressor ,naghigh pressure siya because of a busted fan,napagawa ko na po.

thank you so much sa mga advice. more power the best talaga mga tao dito..thanks ulit

10. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by v6dreamer View Post
    Does it run? If so, listen for loud knocks, engine will vibrate so hard. Look for heavy blue or grey smoke, Look for oil in the water or water in the oil, look for holes in the block.

If you hear a........cluuurg, cluuurg....clank, clank and the engine vibration is worser than a malarial fever and the smoke are enough to nuke all the Mosquito's in the neighborhood then you know its a worse nightmare.
    nangyari na sa akin ito last June , grabe nakakahiya ang kapal ng usok parang may ninjang tumatakas na naghagis ng white smoke, buti na lang at 3:00AM yun, nag overheat kami sa NLEX. buti na lang at naiuwi ko pa palagiang dagdag ng oil habang pauwi, may oil din na inilalabas yung tambutso palit makina ang kasunod na nangyari.

engine question lang po..