New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Mga kaibigan, maraming salamat po. Yah, sometimes I find it diffcult to start the vehicle without stepping on the gas. And it kindda cranky when moving even for a short trip. Convinced as I am, now I am forced to use it alternately or at least as often as my regular workhorse (or exercise my other option - to sell it). I will just have to contend with the rising cost of gas, and that is a little harder pill to swallow. Many tanks to Uvax, Lhv, speedyfix, ssalloon, and most especially to mbeige for enlightening me (and other readers too) more. kudos!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Pasingit na rin mga tsikoteers. I hope its ok kasi about engine oil din naman ang itatanong ko. During my first 6months PMS (5200km) casa changed my oil to fully synthetic which i think is too much (gastos lang! ). Anyway, on my first year PMS, i requested not to have the oil changed kasi 10000km pa lang sya. Was I right? kasi ang alam ko a fully synthetic engine oil will last for at least 10000km and usually city driving lang ako. Or dapat pinapalitan ko na to semi or mineral based?

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    for new cars stick to full syn... sayang naman if you don't...

4. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    should i change it every 6 months or 10k (for fully synthetic) which ever comes first? naka 6 months na ako for a fully synthetic oil pero di ko pa pina change oil kasi may nagsabi na 10k daw at least tatagal yun compared to mineral, is it true? and i checked the oil, medyo brown na transparent ang color.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Minimum of 10,000kms? Ang pagkakaalam ko, maximum yun for synthetic oil between changes. Mineral oil change interval is 5,000kms.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    my mistake. you are right bogeyman, thanks.

so tama ba desisyon ko not to have it changed yet? 5,000 km pa lang natakbo ko from the time linagyan ng synthetic oil yung engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Engine Oil, needs frequent change?