New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    while driving at the SLEX i heard a clung sound under the car....then when i was about to park my car it sounded a bit strange, and to my surprise after i tried to look for the noise in the ingine room my engine oil cap was gone....

now my question???

could that cause any damage to my engine because i was driving the car without its oil cap for quite a while?

thank you...

sir,

if the cap hit something,it will..

i think baka di lang ganun ka-tight paghigpit,umikot due to engine vibration,tapos un..is the engine bay oily(full of engine oil)?most mechanics i've talked say this is normal..due to engine activity inside...better buy an oil cap,baka mapasukan ng water(moistures in the air) magkaprob ka pa lalo..madami naman sa surplusan and merong brand new..

hope this help...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    walang problema yan. just buy a new one. yung clunk siguro nung tumama yung cap sa fan or sa pulleys and v-belts. check mo na lang kung may ibang na-damaged nung tumama. check the v-belts at baka sumagasa sa cap e napunit.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    thanks sa help, nag worry kasi ako theres air blowing from the engine... pero no oil spill...meron konti pero mga talsik lang brought by the air blowing.

salamat yebo and alwayz_yummy!

more horsepower!

welcome tol!
    Merry Christmas!happy motoring!

Engine oil cap