New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    What kind of engine do you have ba? Personally, I'd stay away from those oil additives...

2. Join Date
    May 2005
    According to what I read before. We should not put anything in our oil. Oil is a delicate balance of about 30 percent to 35 percent additives blended under controlled conditions and proprietary processes with selected base stocks of mineral or synthetic oil. Having too much of any particular additive could reduce the benefits of other additives, and if an aftermarket additive is not compatible with a component or refiner’s oil, the additive could damage the engine.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Just stick to the premium oil your using. If you want to make your car happy change your oil earlier by 1000kilometer. Change oil filter every other change oil.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    I think Oil additives is only good for old engines, change oil na lang..

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    thanks for the advice.
    i have hi-ace grandia 3.0
    5 year na ang car.

mahal yun, change oil every 1000km? hehe. parang change oil every month ah.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    change oil 500 to 1000 kms earlier for me using mineral based for a smooth diesel engine. no to oil additives.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    i use quality qynthetic oil na Houston brand.
    im not sure where my dad bought it. pero ok naman siya.
    we normally change oil before mag 10,000km
    kasi pag tinignan mo at 5000 km, ndi pa gaanu madumi eh.

eto added info,
    nakasulat sa Outdrive Engine Additive na it reduces changing oil frequently.
    if dati 3 to 5 times a year, now mga 2 times a year nalang after using it.

honestly, the statement will attract users, pero the question is that is it proven na nga ba?

well, like you guys said that change oil more frequently, is still the best advice i will apply.

8. Join Date
    Jun 2004
    I agree with what most of the guys have said - don't use it. Just ensure you change your oil regularly and use oil with the correct (required/specified) API rating.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    diba ang function ng engine oil is to lubricate the mechanisms inside our car right?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Engine oil additive, is it effective?