New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    I'm using my car everyday travelling from Novaliches to my office at Ortigas. I put about 1 liter of engine oil every 3 weeks because everytime i check (every 3 wks), oil level as checked through my dip stick is almost 0. Is this normal? Please help. 96 mitsu glxi . thanks

2. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kudil View Post
    I'm using my car everyday travelling from Novaliches to my office at Ortigas. I put about 1 liter of engine oil every 3 weeks because everytime i check (every 3 wks), oil level as checked through my dip stick is almost 0. Is this normal? Please help. 96 mitsu glxi . thanks
    pa check mo na car mo sa mekaniko baka may tagas yan or kailangan na ng OH

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    no it's not normal...have it check ASAP!!! teka lang bakit 1 liter lang nilalagay mo kung almost zero na ang oil level mo, hinde mo tinitingnan yun ilalim ng kotse sa sahig mo during morning baka tumatagas din

I put about 1 liter of engine oil every 3 weeks because everytime i check (every 3 wks), oil level as checked through my dip stick is almost 0.

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    bro, check mo kung me tagas nga. Lakas naman nyan umubos ng oil.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    check your garage floor for oil spots

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Check all your oil seals.

Maybe the gasket in your oil pan is compromised.

When you leave a parking spot, do you see droplets of oil that weren't there when you parked.

That is a sign that it's leaking out somewhere.

Try putting newspaper underneath your vehicle at night. If you see oil stains, that will confirm you have a leak also, it will help you isolate which side or part of the engine the leak is coming from.

Hope this helps.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Ipa-check mo na ang kotse mo. Nangyari sa akin din yan noon na 92 Corolla pa ang gamit ko. Nagsawa ako sa pagpapaayos pati na rin sa gastos kaya binenta ko na lang.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    they're right. have your oil seals, oil filter and oil pan nut checked for leaks. had change oil last july and had the nut changed as well. noticed that the engine was losing oil but in a slow pace. turned out that the nut was already worn.

9. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    is the car smokey? if there are no leaks the engine might be the one consuming the oil through a bad set of piston rings or valve seals.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    is the car smokey? if there are no leaks the engine might be the one consuming the oil through a bad set of piston rings or valve seals.
    * sir speedy, how do i determine if i already have a defective or worn out valve seals? Parehas kasi kami ng prob ni threadstarter, nauubos ung langis ng wla naman leak sa engine, and wala rin smoke...

Magkano kaya if ever ang repair ng piston rings/valve seals... thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine oil