The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Which engine oil is better ????

Caltex, Shell, Castrol or Mobil ??????

2. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    depends on how you define "better". personally, i just get one that fits my budget and change evry ,5k kms

madami na comparison ng oils dito
    you might want to search and backread.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dezaremos View Post

that depends... are you a'buyin' or are you a'sellin' ? heh heh.
    what i do, once my car gets out of casa warranty, is go to the hecho derecho gas station for my oil change needs. i use whatever they have on the cheaper shelf, as long as it is engine spec.
    i have been dong this for over 10 years now, and none of my cars, gas and diesel, are showing signs of dislike..

4. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post

that depends... are you a'buyin' or are you a'sellin' ? heh heh.
    what i do, once my car gets out of casa warranty, is go to the hecho derecho gas station for my oil change needs. i use whatever they have on the cheaper shelf, as long as it is engine spec.
    i have been dong this for over 10 years now, and none of my cars, gas and diesel, are showing signs of dislike..
    I'm buying .. thinking of using Mobil 15w40 on my Corolla GLi on the next interval ...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008

I'm buying .. thinking of using Mobil 15w40 on my Corolla GLi on the next interval ...
    save for the horrendous cost of the synth, i don't see any advantage..
    we have been using mineral only.
    we used synth once, in our old workhorse.. tumulo! dahil mas mallit ang molecule size ng synth daw.. balik mineral kami.
    if your engine is older, you might expect the same..
    let's see what the others have to say.
    good luck.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2015
    As long as you change your oil on a regular basis, any of the 4 will do, check the manual for recommended viscosity, every 3k kms is a good interval for mineral oil.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2016

I've heard that Bardahl Oil is the best engine oil

Bardahl is often tested in everyday use. The most challenging and hardest on engines is the demanding No-Oil Run. there was a test consists of adding Bardahl to an engine, letting it run for only a few minutes, draining the oil out of the engine completely and then driving a distance of more than 200 miles (350 km).

8. Join Date
    Oct 2012

All of these are good. Be it from mineral oils to their fully synthetic oils. These companies have long been in this industry for many decades.

Shell however offers a somewhat excellent mineral oil - their hx5 series. Dont get their hx3 though lol.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2017
    OT lang mga sir, pero kung hindi madalas gamitin ang ride, kelan ka magchange oil?

Kahit gamitin ko ang ride ko to work ng five days a week (about 15 Km roundtrip) e baka 7-8 months pa bago umabot ng 3K ang mileage ko.

Ano ang rule of thumb sa kaso ko?

10. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    You can probably get away with 9-12months with fully synthetic oil if its a gasoline engine.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast