New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by miko101130 View Post
    kung ok ang fuel filter... it could be trapped air,
    loosen the injectors until no air and only fuel is bleeding...
    i've experienced this and very specific and prominent yung sound that it makes...
    do i need to pump and bleed while the engine is running?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post
    You need the engine running at idle then bleed each line going to the nozzle tip to free the unwanted air...

3. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by trucker111 View Post

alam ko you bleed the air out when the engine is not running. you bleed it until lumabas na ung fuel tska mo connect ung inlet and outlet hoses.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Retz View Post
    alam ko you bleed the air out when the engine is not running. you bleed it until lumabas na ung fuel tska mo connect ung inlet and outlet hoses.
    That is if you're going to bleed the bleeder plug on top of the fuel filter screw-on cap. And you don't need to loosen the inlet & outlet hoses.

But if you're going to bleed the high pressure lines (the ones exiting from the injection pump to the nozzle tips), the engine needs to be on idle (approx 750-800rpm) or a little higher to prime the lines while loosening the nut (w/c links the high pressure line & the nozzle tip). This technique will purge the trapped air. If your not familiar with how to do it, bring it to a competent calibration shop/mechanic. This technique is a "learned" one & you ought to be familiar with how an engine sound with a good fuel priming with the one with a bad priming...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Engine Noice After Replacing Fuel Filter