The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    that's excellent news

2. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    brought the car kina mang mario last saturday. wala naman problem. pinalinis ko na lang aircon.

now the car's idle is very smooth.

mang mario + speedyfix = smooth ride

note: during the time na nagloloko yung idle/aircon, my gas consumption went up from around 9.3km/L to to around 8.4 km/L (was able to test this kasi sakto sa full-tank). that's around 40kms lost because of the dirty throttle body and aircon.
    just had a full tank pagkagaling kina mang mario and before going to la union, now it's at the mid-10km/L! no change in driving habit or route. ang galing nga eh. then pagbalik ko from la union, the consumption was in the high-13km/L. medyo bumaba from the previous high 14-km/L on highway driving. but i used xtra unleaded when i went to la union this time around. the previous trips were with xcs (i find i get better mileage with xcs). check ko ulit now that i'm in the city. baka kasi chamba lang.

advice sa lahat, have your aircon and throttle body cleaned! it works wonders!

note: i'll post the actual numbers tom.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    thats gud news for u mr wewoy.

im having the same problem as i had replied in the same topic..mr speedyfix where can i find the throttle body? does a 2e engine have this?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    *sir speedyfix
    looks like bumalik na naman ang problem ko. mukhang mabilis magdumi yung throttle body.

also, i noticed that aside from the previous symptoms, when i shift gears, during the time na hindi nakapasok sa gear, sobrang bilis bumaba ng rpm. dati, when shifting gears, i notice na dahan-dahan ang pagbaba ng rpm sa tachometer. now, sobrang bilis at sumasagad siya almost sa 0.

my aircon fan is busted. di na umiikot so mainit ang hangin na lumalabas sa aircon ko. could this have any effect?

dadalhin ko sa weekend kina mang mario for the aircon fan, and then sa inyo naman for the tb/iacv. could it be may sira, aside from cleaning lang?

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    paging sir migz

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    seems like my problem is solved. my compressor is the culprit. may problem sa bearing. it busted the fuse ng fan kaya di ito umiikot. inabot ako ng P3.8k for repairs kina mang mario (all in, cleaning + labor + materials, etc)

so far so good.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    glad you were able to fix it. yup, if there are problems dun sa a/c then it will tend to make the idling go down much faster. hope all is well now

8. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    sir wewoy,

same yata tayo ng problem.

normal rpm pag off ang aircon.
    pag on na ang ac, baba sa kalahati ang rpm at namamatayan pa lalo na pag engaged sa gear.

sa aircon shop, sinabing idle kit daw ang may problem.
    sa mechanic, idle up daw.

which is which?

9. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    hehehe. . . turuan nga din mga mekanikong napuntahan ko eh.
    sabi ng a/c tech, servo/iacv daw.
    sabi ng mekaniko, problema daw sa a/c; compressor. basta sa a/c.

hahaha! ang saya-saya!

kaya up to now eh ganun pa din ang menor ko. normal pag a/c off,
    mababa at halos mamatayan pag a/c on.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    *simplicity and jundogg

i only trust two persons to ask/visit pagdating sa problem ko na ito. go to mang mario's for the aircon and then speedyfix for the idling.

ang maganda sa kanilang 2, they give you their honest opinion kung ano sa tingin nila ang problema, give you your options, and what they recommend with the least strain on your pocket. then it's up to you to decide kung gagawin or hindi. unlike sa ibang shops na kung anu-ano itinuturo na problem so napapalaki ang gastos mo.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
engine hiccups, idling goes down