New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I've long despised Suzuki's failure to include a heat shield/insulator underneath the hood of the Vitara. Eversince I shifted to customized headers, my engine compartment has been hotter than average. Installation of Thermotec heatwraps signficantly reduced the heat however I felt that it could be reduced some more. A disadvantage of this excess heat would be on the paint finish on my hood. The excess heat allows water droplets to evaporate faster and thus leave unsightly water spots that has always caught the ire of theveed kahit naka Zaino na ako :lol:

A few days ago while at Robinsons Handyman, I came across this product:

Glass Fiber Rolls
    Fire proof - Heat Insulation - Sound muffling - Warm keeping - Electricity insulation - Acid and Base proof
    The product is mainly made of silica (SiO2). It can resist 700C for 3 hours. Its muffling rate for sound frequencies of 500-4000 waves/second is over 90%% Its heat transfer rate is 0.03kcal/mhr C

Here's the picture installed:

So far maganda ang reduction ng heat sa hood ko. Now I just have to wait for the rains to see if it helps reduce the spots.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Hehe... Sakit sa ulo no?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir wiretap magkano yung ganyan?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Di ba parang sound deadening mats yan? Halos kapareho ng color and material nakakabit sa sidings ko. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    jeff: P600 sa Robinsons Handyman Ermita

Ungas: Yup, it has sound deadening characteristics as well. May adhesive siya sa reverse side. Installation is like a sticker lang where you have to peel off the back decal.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    This could be the solution to my questions! Because at the start of a small rainfalls and at the end of a rainfall, as the hood is drying up, I see some smoke, or should I call this "heat vapor gases" coming out of the hood! This explains how hot our engine compartments are.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    astec: Bili ka na! hehehe

Tremendous improvement talaga sa hood heat reduction guys! The temperature of the hood now is just the same as that of my other body panels.

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Pwede rin! Pag nagawi ako sa Handyman.

9. Join Date
    May 2004
    Pwede rin! Pag nagawi ako sa Handyman.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    hmmm..tempting..sira sira pa naman nagyon yung stock hood insulation ko..
    Got Mazda?-http://www.MAZDAtech.org [SIZE="1"]est. 2000[/SIZE]
    got mazda 2? -> mazda2ners

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Engine heat shield for Vitara