New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Mga dre I hope you can give an opinion regarding my old trusty ride. Its an old 1977 galant sigma (astron 1600), Ive been noticing kasi that its been Emiting excessive heat from the hood, I really don’t knows if im just paranoid or if its normal kasi yung temp gauge naman niya normal ang pag flactuate. Let me give you an example, lets say I warm up the car for 10 minutes in the morning, after turning off the engine tapos pumunta ako sa harap para let say check the radiator; I could already feel very warm air gushing out of the hood. While my hand is still 2 ft away from the hood latch. Or by just walking a foot beside the car’s front sides you can already feel heat. In a warm day if you put water on the hood, steam smoke can alredy be seen… remember mga dre’ this only after a 10 minute warm-up at off yung aircon ha’ .
    I can still use it in and around metro manila( with aircon off) yung lang nga feel mo yung heat dinadala kasi nung hangin (from the hood) sa harap ng windshield, Pero normal yung temp gauge reading nito ha; I know your thinking that my car is too old…..but for the love of motoring, I have to do with what I can afford and what I can have, Kaya nga im trying to keep it as roadworthy as possible. One more thing s guys my cousin has an older car a 1976 galant (saturn) pero hindi naman ganito ang heat emission mula sa makina……hope you can give me an opinion, the more the better. thanks very very much!!

2. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    could this be a radiator problem?.....paano ba ma check kung may diprensya radiator? thanks

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sir suggestion lang. check nyo po muna kung talagang accurate yung temp gauge ninyo baka po di na tama yung readings nya. kung suspect nyo radiator, pwede po ninyong ipalinis ito sa radiator shop which will normally cost around 200 - 350 pesos.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Ganyan din ang problema ng car ko. Toyota Corolla '97. Ang gauge ay always normal. Pina check ko na lahat radiator, fan, pump at ang mismong gauge. Walang namang nakitang problema.
    Sinubukan ko na rin gumamit ng premium gas ... wala rin effect.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Peeps, are you using a good brand of coolant? Yung pang Pinas conditions?

You guys could have your radiator cleaned or 'descaled'... drive over to Dallas, along T. Morato, they have a descaling machine there.

Also, you may want to try to have your engine washed too.

You can also try to check on what type of oil you are using.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Check your clutch fan's silicon oil, if your engine still uses one. The silicon oil controls the resistance felt on the fan blades. The fan should get heavier when the heat increases.

Have you changed the water pump or thermostat?

7. Join Date
    Jul 2004
    gee thanks guys sa mga input ninyo, cguro ill try the simpliest solution first , if nothing happens i'll work my way up to d more complicated and costlier solution. The simpliest, that would be cleaning the radiator. i already bought a radiator cleaning solution and im planning to do the cleaning as instructed in the container. is the cleaning process different from what they do in the radiator shops?.....if so; anu yung prcess na yun na di ko pwede i-DIY?......thanks guys

engine heat