New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    what would you guys recommend? :wink:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    depends on your engine. if turbocharged, i dont recommend it.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Flushing is just an extra expense. Adequate na ang simpleng oil drain then change the oil. If you have the money then go for it.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i have read somewhere that you are not recommended to oil flush. this is because these oil flushings are used to make the oil "malabnaw" - - thus allowing it to be drained easily. but, most of the time all of the oil (together with the oil flush) does not get drained. so, when you put in your new oil it seems to still have some flushing left in it.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont use engine flush...nakakasira ng makina...i have a frnd na mechanic sa isang service station wag daw gagamit ng engine flush...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    dont use engine flush...nakakasira ng makina...i have a frnd na mechanic sa isang service station wag daw gagamit ng engine flush...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Caltex Delo 500 instead of engine flush.
    Delo 500 is a high detergent oil designed for multi-fuel fleet use.

Change your oil to Delo 500, change your oil filter too.
    After 1000-1500kms.
    Change it again to what you normally use.
    This is what we do when we come across engines which we do not know the service history of.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Auto_xer,
    I checked the caltex website, dalawa ang caltex delo 500, mono and multi grade. which one to use?

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa bagong overhauled engine lang namin gamit ang flushing (1000km) . After that change oil lang. Sa CR, now that's a different story.:mrgreen:

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    galing ito dito: http://www.fernblatt.com/longhurst/engineoil_bible.html

Of course, like most things nowadays, there's a condition attached when using flushing oils. In an old engine you really don't want to remove all the deposits. Some of these deposits help seal rings, lifters and even some of the flanges between the heads, covers, pan and the block, where the gaskets are thin. I have heard of engines with over 280,000km that worked fine, but when flushed it failed in a month because the blow-by past the scraper ring(now really clean)contaminated the oil and screwed the rod bearings.

pdc2, follow Auto_Xer's advice. :wink:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
To engine flush or not to...