New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    mga sir,

good day po, as i am thinking of changing my engine oil from mineral to synthetic oil i plan to use an engine flush.

Question po is ,kelan ko po ba dapat ilagay yung engine flush? drain the engine oil and then yung flush or mix it before you drain the oil?

Besides RP any oil recommendation po ?Im curious po sa RP and want to try it but parang hindi kasi sya readily available sa mga shops lalo na dito sa cavite area.if me alam po kayo na nagdidistribute ng RP around cavite baka puwedeng pashare kung saan hehehehehe

if not maybe ill try another synthetic brand , hehehehe any recomendations?was thinking shell helix?yung yellow b dapat?

ride po pala is Galant 7G MT.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    You just pour the engine flush in the engine, and let it run for 3 to 5 minutes. Then drain.

But nowadays, wala akong kakilala na gumagamit ng engine flush. It's only recommended for those engines na masyado nang malapot yung langis dahil napabayaan ng may-aring magpa-change oil.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    mga sir,

good day po, as i am thinking of changing my engine oil from mineral to synthetic oil i plan to use an engine flush.

Question po is ,kelan ko po ba dapat ilagay yung engine flush? drain the engine oil and then yung flush or mix it before you drain the oil?

Besides RP any oil recommendation po ?Im curious po sa RP and want to try it but parang hindi kasi sya readily available sa mga shops lalo na dito sa cavite area.if me alam po kayo na nagdidistribute ng RP around cavite baka puwedeng pashare kung saan hehehehehe

if not maybe ill try another synthetic brand , hehehehe any recomendations?was thinking shell helix?yung yellow b dapat?

ride po pala is Galant 7G MT.
    when was your last oil change? if hindi naman kalakihan ang gap, you dont need flushing oils or solutions. just drain the old oil properly, and pour the new one in. but if you would want to be sure, you can go the mineral - semi synth - full synth route. use ka na lang ng full synth on your next oil change.

actually, yung alternative route na yun ang advise nung mechanic sa servitek na pinapa change oil ko the other day.

on RP, i dont know someone here in the south area who carries that. but if you would want to try other brands, try Mobil. Nung nagamit ko to, fully satisfied ako.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    IMO wag ka na mag flushing agent, drain mo lang mabuti then use your preferred synthetic brand but agahan mo na lang mag oil change sa susunod para mas malinis for your next fully syn.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    on my part, pinaflush ko yung engine ko with 3 liters ng mineral oil sa speedyfix bago nilagay yung RP. nanigurado lang ako at gusto ko din na malinis ang loob ng makina ko

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Dear threx666:

The bearings and seals in your engine were made to operate with a specific type of oil which has specific properties or characteristics.

An internal combustion engine uses "SLIDING BEARINGS" vs "Anti-friction" bearings (like ball, roller, tapered roller, needle, etc.) that you would see in your wheels and axles.

They look like hemispherical shells and are used in the MAIN or crankshaft bearings and in the connecting rod bearings.

The critical parameter for this type of bearing to work properly is the lubricant's (engine oil's) Viscosity - its thickness (laput).

In a correctly operating sliding bearing there is NO metal-to-metal contact - everything is supported by a thin film of oil that separates the bearing and the rotating member it carries - called the JOURNAL (hence another name for them is Journal bearings).

This phenomenon is called Hydrodynamic Lubrication.

What is important to remember is that the oil must be thick enough to support Hydrodynamic Lubrication, or else, metal-to-metal contact occurs.

The Engine Oil's thickness is indicated by the SAE number on the container. The oil conforms to a certain viscosity according to the Society of Automotive Engineers. Examples are SAE 30, SAE 40, SAE 15W-40, etc.

If the oil is too thin (malabnaw) the bearing cannot support the journal and so the parts make contact and wear occurs.

Now in order to "flush" the engine, a flushing oil must be thin, therefore, if you run the engine with it inside instead of the correct type of oil, you are courting disaster or at the very least getting premature wear on your engine.

If you want to clean the engine out I recommend you just use a cheap diesel engine oil like Shell's Rotella SAE 30 and pour in the same amount as your engine needs.

Why use a diesel engine oil? Well aside from being cheap, it has strong detergents which will help clean your engine.

Run it for 10 to 15 mins, drain the oil and that should remove the bulk of the dirt in your engine without putting anything at risk.

Regards,

Dusky Lim

7. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    salamat po pala sa mga lahat na nagreply,

actually po yun ride po kasi is minsanan lang ginagamit kasi most of the time nasa labas kasi ko ng bansa.

balak ko kasi papalitan ng Timing Belt yun tapos deretso na fully synth ,iirc kasi it was changed oil last year pa e.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    it's not really needed but it's not bad if you flush with some sort of diesel oil.

Engine flush application?