New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    add lang po ako.. sa mga dealers... the reason why they suggest flushing... is because may insentive... why i know.. work ako sa dealer po.. but personally.. never pa ako nag suggest on flushing.. but we sometimes use it on cars na namutik na yung oil.. because some owners dont change oil for 20 or more tkms po...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    dati ang toyota balintawak north gumagamit ng engine flush.. pero hindi na ngayon, sabi ng mechanic eh pinahinto daw sila ng planta dahil naka problema daw...

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    jeff if that happens to you in a gasoline car then this means that you're getting some contamination sa makina.

of course the oil really is supposed to get dark and just because it is doesn't mean it's not good or that it isn't protecting your engine.

better na yung dumi nasa oil kaysa sa makina mismo

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    ...sir speedy, meron ka ba nung MOTUL engine clean? flush din daw yun pero does not contain the usual solvents that most flushes use. magkano ba bentahan nito at san nakakabili? TIA.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    it's not necessary unless you race your car frequently or if you don't follow the 5000 kms change-oil-routine religiously . at least that's what i heard from atoy and his aftermarket posse last night on his radio show

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    NO, it's one of the best ways to ruin your engine.

basta regular ang change oil schedule and the oil does not get too dirty di na need yan mag-engine flush. engine flush is mostly kerosene with detergents added to it. can you just imagine what that will do to your engine, running on oil diluted with kerosene?

for me i would rather drop the oil pan, clean it out, then put it back again with a new oil pan gasket. sigurado ka pa na nalinis talaga lahat ng sludge at carbon sa oil pan mo.
    This is what I've done on my eg sedan last month...sobrang nagle-leak yung oil around the oil pan. since due na sya for oil change sinabay ko na sa shell maya. 600 lang yung labor for the oil pan gasket replacement, the gasket cost me 1350 honda oem. mas mahal pa yung parts ang labor ng oil pan gasket kesa sa parts labor for oil change. but the results, no more oil leaks and very clear pa yung oil up to now. very much satisfied. my $.02.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    di ba baliktad? mas prone sa oil leak ang synthetic due mas thinner ito compared sa mineral oil

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Oil viscosity is independent of the lubricant base (synth or mineral) used.

There are 'thick' minerals and 'thick' synths. Just check the viscosity rating on the packaging.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mga bossing,

may engine flush ngayon that they claim walang detergents or solvents. motul ang brand.

you can ask your friendly motul dealer for details.

i never believed in engine flushes before. i tried the motul out of curiosity and it and it seems ok. 1 week na and parang bago pa ang engine oil ko.

my 2cents...

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by banaweonline View Post
    mga bossing,

may engine flush ngayon that they claim walang detergents or solvents. motul ang brand.

you can ask your friendly motul dealer for details.

i never believed in engine flushes before. i tried the motul out of curiosity and it and it seems ok. 1 week na and parang bago pa ang engine oil ko.

my 2cents...
    ...eto ba yung MOTUL engine clean? magkano kuha mo paps?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Engine Flush ? ? ?