New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Sirs, my engine is running quietly and in good condition pero pag naka ON ang mga ilaw may parang kalansing OR tunog na unusuall eh..my car is only LANCER el..but I wanted it to be perfect pag dating sa engine,just like brand new car..Can u give me advice how to make it a very quiet running engine even with aircon/lights are all on..I have already done change of oil last month only..pero tune up dipa ata..kasi I just bought it 2nd hand last Dec.2006..PLss. give me some EXPERTS advice!!!!tnx a lot bros...

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cArBoN View Post
    Sirs, my engine is running quietly and in good condition pero pag naka ON ang mga ilaw may parang kalansing OR tunog na unusuall eh..my car is only LANCER el..but I wanted it to be perfect pag dating sa engine,just like brand new car..Can u give me advice how to make it a very quiet running engine even with aircon/lights are all on..I have already done change of oil last month only..pero tune up dipa ata..kasi I just bought it 2nd hand last Dec.2006..PLss. give me some EXPERTS advice!!!!tnx a lot bros...
    it could be the aircon or the alternator bearings that are making strange sounds. but it could be something else as well.

if you're not very familiar with your engine mechanicals then i suggest you have a qualified mechanic look at it. that way you get competent advice

pag may aircon, the one makes the noise is the compressor, ganun yun pag natanda, palitan mo ung compressor bearings kung naiirita ka. pero sayang matrabaho at magastos, sabay mo nalang pag due na for repair/cleaning ang aircon mo.

baka may loose belts ka lang din...

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    What year is your lancer?It could be alot of things from tuning to engine mounts to alternator.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    My lancer is 94 model...12yrs old na po pero ok parin very nice body paint..well sirs, I think I have no prob.with the aircondition coz its normal and no kinda noise coming but when I turn ON the head lights ayun....dun nagkakaroon ng tricky sound..maybe you are all right sirs, I better check the berrings or those belts..If you have still got some Ideas & advice about maintaining a very good condition of an engine pls let me know...Have a nice day pals.God bless!

6. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    what kind of "sound"? is it like a "static" sound coming from the electrical system? elaborate mo kung ano yung sound na naririnig mo at san mismo galing

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i also suspect it to be the compressor/alternator bearings...

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    problem SOLVED sirs!!! it is in the alternator bearing...everything is in normal and quietly good running condition...thanks for some advice!!!till next sirs!!

For Engine Expert Only