New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    [SIZE=2] Good day mga Tsikot sir!

I have a Kia Sephia 95 LS and I hope you guys can help me out with my issue.

The main issue is that initially, the engine is able to start. Then after a few minutes, give or take 10 to 15, the engine suddenly dies out. The car is no longer able to start after this. I am able to hear the "redondo" but that's about it.

I had a clutch replacement and top overhaul before this happened. The mechanic who did the servicing on my car checked the fuel pump and ignition coil and said that no gas nor current is coming out on both. He then mentioned that this could be an issue with the ECU/ECM. Is this true? I was under the impression that if that was the culprit, then the engine would not have been able to start in the first place. Any inputs on why this is happening?

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated! Newbie nga lang po pala. TIA mga sir!
    [/SIZE]

2. Join Date
    May 2007
    Not yet! Dont touch that ECU/ECM yet.

Its very possible that the relay is bad. Check under the hood for the main
    fuse/relay box. Check the pressure regulator too, if it is bad it wont let fuel thru. Have changed your fuel filter also.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    try mo muna alisin yun battery. tapos reconnect mo ulit. nangyari skin din yan. same symtoms yun skin 10-15 secs namamatay siya. turns out nagka umido yun connection and mismong loob ng ECU. nilinis yun contacts and clean ng alcohol (only available solution that time) and cotton yun circuit board niya. before closing nilagyan namin ng silicon yun o-ring seal ng cover, salpak then ok na.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Sounds like an electrical problem with either your ignition or fuel system.

Also try to check the cylinder head gasket if it's damaged.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    It could be a defective fuel pump or fuel lines.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    have you checked your fuses already?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    i think you should remove the battery ... usually kasi yung mga ibang cars ... kailangan tangalin yung battery ng 5 minutes or more para madetect ng computer box mo ... check mo rin yung mga terminals ng battery mo ...

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    sounds nga like a relay... also check the pump itself.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Thanks for the replies mga sir!

So far eto na po ung mga troubleshooting n nagawa:

- the battery was removed, then reconnected.
    - all fuse are ok.
    - ignition coil was replaced with a known good one.

We'll be checking the relays and fuel pump as suggested. I'll be updating you guys kung ano mangyayari. Thanks again for the tips mga sir!

10. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    any more updates?

Engine dies out