New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    paano ito ginagawa? mahal ba ito? any recommended shop near greenhills or pasig?

kasi napapansin ko these past few days na medyo hirap na sa mga paahon o akyatan itong 12 year old lancer EL ko lalu na kung naka-aircon. dati naman hindi siya kinakapos sa mga akyatan kasi. may nakapagsabi sa akin kasi na ipa-compression test ko ang engine ko. tama ba yung advice na ito sa akin? thanks and more power!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    we had this done to our mazda323 before we entered it into a car-loan program. this was done since the car was already a few years old.

we had it done at ziebart's

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I had our compression test done in Kartek Santolan-Ortigas before (mga P300+ ata yung charge nila).

Try going to Speedyfix along Santolan in San Juan (across Kartek).

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    mga sir, gano sya katagal?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by niwde11
    mga sir, gano sya katagal?
    30 minutes lang yata

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Originally posted by mazdamazda
    30 minutes lang yata
    m2; including ba preparation dito or actual testing lang to? same lang ba sa diesel or gas? TIA

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Ano po ba gain nito?

Please explain lang po further sa mga wlang alam na tulad ko. hehehehe

Interesado po ako... kung maganda po sa car ko.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Compression testing is for when you think you're losing power due to a blown gasket or oil seals...

It's also a good idea to do this for old engines after a certain period of time... It will tell you if you need an overhaul.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    In gas engines, they just insert the testing probe thingee into one cylinder at a time via the spark plug holes then you crank the engine several times to get the compression readings. They do both a wet and dry test... if your car fails at the wet test, i think its a busted piston ring.

It also helps when you're buying a second hand car so you'll see if the engine is a-ok.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2004
    ok. let me have my say about compression. if you can't go to a shop then, try this one. when going into downhill, (assuming that you have a M/T), shift in to first gear and let go of clutch, brakes and accelerator pedals respectively. if the car maintains its speed without giving in to the pull of gravity(downhill right?) then compression is still good because of the piston rings were tight enough. on the other hand if the opposite occurs (you picked up speed), then chances are piston rings are loose enough and will have to replace it soon.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Engine Compression Check