New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Our '08 Kia Picanto was involved in an accident, and when it came out of the shop, the Check Engine Light was constantly on, becoming a friction point between me and the shop. I was quoted P8,000 for an oxygen sensor. I researched on this issue and first tried the removing the battery, and thankfully the the light went out. Hoping it lasts.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by CLAVEL3699 View Post
    ford focus 2008 model.

Change oil can do po ba? Para mawala yung engine check?
    naku bat ganun mga focus.

ung sa bayaw ko .seaman kasi siya kaya minsan lang ma istart ng ate ko sa garahe.ngayon ng dumating siya at gagamitin. may mga naka ilaw na sa dash.ung sa abs naka ilaw.ung mga bintana dati pwede mong buksan sa remote ng sabay sabay pati moonroof.ngayon ung dalawa nalang sa harap bumubukas.

pina check sa casa sensor daw ng sira.paano kaya masisira un napaka dalang gamitin.8k palang tinakbo 3 years at 5 months palang.ung focus.2013 focus S ,.pina reset na sa casa pero ganun parin..

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    So the Check Engine Light keeps coming back even after we reset the battery on our Kia Picanto. Tried the other DIY measures like checking the spark plugs and gas cap. Surprised that few shops have scanners and those that do charge a pretty hefty price just to read the error code:

1) Bong Baron talyer on Olx - P500
    2) Servitek Pasig Kapitolyo - P1,000
    3) Speedyfix - P1,500

4. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by leolop View Post
    So the Check Engine Light keeps coming back even after we reset the battery on our Kia Picanto. Tried the other DIY measures like checking the spark plugs and gas cap. Surprised that few shops have scanners and those that do charge a pretty hefty price just to read the error code:

3) Speedyfix - P1,500
    OK yan si bong baron. tinawagan ko yan 12mn dahil 1st time ko magka CEL error. sabi ko medyo short ako, sabi nya dalhin nalang daw, wala sa scanner sa shop (close narin kasi) pero nilinisan nya yung MAF for free (ito daw kasi common cause). gave him 300 php sa wallet ko ayaw tanggapin. bumalik CEL after 2 km drive, sabi naman nya wag mag alala, balik nalang daw ako sa umaga. sa ka-OC han ko, nanghiram ako scanner sa kaibigan ko. showed him the error, tinuruan nalang ako pano ayusin. at ako pa pinabili ng pyesa, 80php lang dun sa surplus. ^_^

btw if youre near araneta cubao or pasig, may scanner ako baka gusto mo check natin

5. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by leolop View Post

3) Speedyfix - P1,500
    You already changed the spark plugs, cap, paid $$ labor and what not that didn't fix your vehicle since it's hula. And now, namamahalan ka sa worth 500 labor that will actual show you what your ecu's CEL cause?

BTW, you can invest in an OBD2 scanner. Search nyo lang sa OLX. All obd2 ecu equipped car owners should buy this. Around 1500 lang.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Actually, the DIY checks for common causes of CEL didn't cost anything. I normally go the extra mile to get the best deals when it comes to car maintenance so kung makatipid, I'll go for it. Pag no escape, then talagang kagat sa gastos.

The P500 wasn't bad at all though medyo malayo from me yung shop nila so I went to Servitek and they charged me P800 instead of the P1,000 quoted on the phone. It was the MAP sensor and acquired one at Good Gear for P1,600 plus P150 for labor to install it. The CEL is off for now and hoping it will hold.

In my 20 years of driving, I've encountered CEL only twice but indeed marami na ngang murang OBD2 scanner.

Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    You already changed the spark plugs, cap, paid $$ labor and what not that didn't fix your vehicle since it's hula. And now, namamahalan ka sa worth 500 labor that will actual show you what your ecu's CEL cause?

BTW, you can invest in an OBD2 scanner. Search nyo lang sa OLX. All obd2 ecu equipped car owners should buy this. Around 1500 lang.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post

btw if youre near araneta cubao or pasig, may scanner ako baka gusto mo check natin
    I took the suggestion to buy an OBDII scanner to heart, looked up in OLX, Lazada and Amazon. So there are now cheap scanners which connect to smart phones via blue tooth. Ordered one at Lazada for P423. Same model being offered in Olx for P2,000.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12