New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by XTO View Post
    boss dieseldude, though isuzu uses IGMO which is an SAE 40 (mono) many suggest that 15-40 is much better. is there an specific brand of diesel oil (15-40 multi) can you suggest for 4ja1 non-turbo? or as they said parehas lang basta same visco. thanks
    I use Petron for the simple reason that this gas station is nearby and extends me credit. And I have never had any problems with any of my cars using Petron oil. Petron's 15-40 is very good. This is my preferred oil grade.

I believe that most OE dealers recommend Petron, Shell, or Caltex as these are legitimate companies with sufficient laboratory facilities to maintain consistent product quality. I will also use Shell or Caltex anytime.

2. FrankDrebin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    I just talked with a Hyundai service manager friend. He recommends 15-W40 multigrade oil from any of the big three: Petron, Shell, or Caltex. Synthetic is not necessary.
    In my expierence naman, Isuzu does not recommend any other oil except IGMO SAE 40. Even its Mobil SAE40 counterpart. Specially formulated daw ang IGMO sa products nila na presyong synthetic naman.

I had a friend who has a 91 model patrol and he uses mobil 1 synthetic oil since 15,000 kms pa lang, he can still hit 160kph sa skyway ng walang usok. bulok na kaha pero the engine is still great. But for me, I'm still having second thoughts of using synth oils as my engine is used on multigrade types, baka umingay pag numipis yung langis sa makina eh.Yun nga lang mas mahaba intervals ng oil change mo?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Modified, High Performance, Heavy Duty or Extreme service vehicles - better use Synthetics...otherwise, its just a nice to have. If you can afford it, then go ahead.

As for the question, it may improve, but don't expect to get your money's worth coz nobody can guarantee an engine to run 200K as mentioned above without being opened.

For me..nothing beats a consistent change oil and lots of TLC.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2007
    hi! may i comment... i have an isuzu hilander XTRM 2000. i've been using it for 8 years now and since i bought it i haven't used fully synthetic oil. and up to now walang problems ang engine ko. still the same old power, noise and usok :D

just proper engine maintenance (regular oil change, air filters, fuel filters, valve clearance adjustment, no additives).

by the way, i travel from silang, cavite to antipolo and back. every weekday, with subsequent trips to tagaytay and batangas every so often. oh, and my XTRM's odometer now registers at 246000 kms and counting

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I'm the 2nd owner a 20 year old 1987 W124 300D Benz which I got 1991 from the original owner. I've been using Petron's Delo500 15-40 multigrade ever since.

Engine is in very good condition. Happy ako.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Tried using fully synth once, there was no noticeable difference. I'm using a non-turbo pickup with 199,xxx km on the odo, and the engine's never been overhauled despite using mainly "regular" oils. Haven't had any experience regarding turbodiesels and CRDi's though.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Wow, I do hope my strada will reach 200K km or 20 yrs and still run good.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Does Synthetic Oil improve Diesel/CRDi Engines