New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    This is a very good point. I did some number crunching based on this logic, I need to burn around 840L of fuel to reach about 6,888km * (8.2Km/L). Normal Maintenance schedule calls for 12,000km OCI. If I travel a lot on the highway and with long distances, at 14km/L efficiency, 840L would net me around 12,000 km.

Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I'm for the idea that oil change intervals should be based on the amount of fuel consumed, since the contaminants are combustion byproducts. Elapsed time between changes, mileage or running hours are factors as well, but IMO the amount of fuel consumed gives a more direct correlation to the amount of oil contamination.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by red_one View Post
    Correct, kung may pambili ng brand new car, bakit walang pang-change oil? Dapat kasama na yan sa computation nila before purchase.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Correct, kung may pambili ng brand new car, bakit walang pang-change oil? Dapat kasama na yan sa computation nila before purchase.
    It's not about scrimping on PMS cost. I just believe that every 6 mos is not necessary. If casa says I can go a year on fully synthetic oil, why would I bother myself going there twice a year?

BTW, I've practiced the 5000 km rule since I first owned a car. Last year I sold my 18 yr old AE101 (which I am always very proud of) with NO-ZERO-NADA engine problems. No history of engine repair. That car goes for annual change oil. I don't think I am going to change the way I do my PMS.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    wow! i might be interested in that car, when you decide to sell it..
    errr.. what's the make and model?
    heh heh.

wow! i might be interested in that car, when you decide to sell it..
    errr.. what's the make and model?
    heh heh.
    suzuki swift 2012 doc.

nakakastress kasi maipit sa traffic kaya mas ginusto ko na lang magcommute.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post
    It's not about scrimping on PMS cost. I just believe that every 6 mos is not necessary. If casa says I can go a year on fully synthetic oil, why would I bother myself going there twice a year?

BTW, I've practiced the 5000 km rule since I first owned a car. Last year I sold my 18 yr old AE101 (which I am always very proud of) with NO-ZERO-NADA engine problems. No history of engine repair. That car goes for annual change oil. I don't think I am going to change the way I do my PMS.
    *cathy: Sorry, I'm confused. Para sa akin ba itong reply mo? My answer to the topic is also NO. You do not need to change oil every 6 months for low mileage cars. Personally, I do my oil change every 12 months using semi- or fully synthetic oil man. My mileage is less than 3,000 km per year.

But for PMS and warranty, follow the regulations of the casa. If they say change oil every 6 months, then your are forced to do so. If you do not agree to this regulation (specially when you are using fully synthetic oil), then just talk to your casa to defend your case.

Quote Originally Posted by _Cathy_ View Post

*cathy: Sorry, I'm confused. Para sa akin ba itong reply mo? My answer to the topic is also NO. You do not need to change oil every 6 months for low mileage cars. Personally, I do my oil change every 12 months using semi- or fully synthetic oil man. My mileage is less than 3,000 km per year.

But for PMS and warranty, follow the regulations of the casa. If they say change oil every 6 months, then your are forced to do so. If you do not agree to this regulation (specially when you are using fully synthetic oil), then just talk to your casa to defend your case.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kimot View Post
    suzuki swift 2012 doc.

oops...
    pass.
    hindi kami kasya diyan..

Quote Originally Posted by kimot View Post
    suzuki swift 2012 doc.

oops...
    pass.
    hindi kami kasya diyan..

6. Join Date
    May 2014
    noticed that i was really fast in reaching 5k KM and pushing 6k on my ODO (5.6k).
    will try to measure my trip later, parang ang bilis talaga eh. all is in stock configuration.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    We do 10k kms or 1 year which ever comes first. With baldwin oil filter and semi synthethic or fully synthetic oil

8. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    My change oil interval/schedule is based on cost and time convenience.
    So I basically follow 5,000km/6 months although currently ay sumusubok ako ng synthetic going to 10,000km.
    Pero after this, baka bumalik ako sa every 5,000km/6 months but I am still undecided kung babalik ako sa mineral.
    Twice a year oil change if acceptable to me.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    ano po ang mileage ng car nung nasiraan kayo ng makina?
    anong specific na sira po?
    120k kms.
    oil stopped circulating due to sludge.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    noticed that i was really fast in reaching 5k KM and pushing 6k on my ODO (5.6k).
    will try to measure my trip later, parang ang bilis talaga eh. all is in stock configuration.
    Ganyan talaga bro kapag bago ang auto. Pag ganyang case ay sulit na sulit magpa-oil change. Ilan months ba inabot ang 5K km mo?

Quote Originally Posted by ninjababez View Post
    Ganyan talaga bro kapag bago ang auto. Pag ganyang case ay sulit na sulit magpa-oil change. Ilan months ba inabot ang 5K km mo?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast