New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    My DIY Multiple Spark CDIS was now fully functional. Able to identify cause of misfiring and designed new circuit to correct problem. My last design revision was dated April 2012 and still working util now in my Lancer EL 1996.

It's now capable of 5 spark per cylinder at idling rpm, then slowly decrease to 2 spark per cylinder to the highset rpm with 40KV spark voltage.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mcdis.jpg  
    Last edited by Chinoi; November 9th, 2013 at 03:57 PM.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Hi Friends:

Just installed my EIS on a Vitara last Sunday. Metal enclosure with 3 way switch CONVENTIONAL. ELECTRONIC, AND CENTER OFF.

Will be installing on a Gemini this coming weekend.

Next week will be on a L300 then a Combi.

My EIS is the inductive type, 2 transistors. Your contact point is still used but no more BULUTONG and the condenser is not needed altho kept in place when you switch over to conventional.

ONE ADVANTAGE OF THE INDUCTIVE TYPE USING THE CONTACT POINT IS YOU CAN SWITCH TO CONVENTIONAL

FREE CONSULTATION: BONG: 0922 296 6288

In many cases, I discover faults in the electrical system in cars like no resistor which cause overheating, no
    bypassing the resistor when starting, faulty advancer (mechanical), wrong ignition coil wiring, wrong ignition coil.

Will be glad to identify problems and help you solve them.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Between CDI and the Inductive system, I chose to promote the latter. CDI has more parts to breakdown. The park duration is actually SHORTENED in a CDI. The corrections that the Inductive System introduces are: 1) no BULUTONG 2) consistent spark at high speeds.

The drawback of the standard contact point+condenser Kettering system are : pitting (bulutong) and reduced spark at high speed. Bulutongs deteriorate the efficiency of the system, causes fouling and inconsistent spark at idling. Reduced spark has something to do with dwell, the time the point is closed. The higher the speed, the shorter the time it is closed to charged up the coil. The electronic system, improves the charging time since the points are clean and it takes only a fraction the original current to fire up the coil.

Heating up of the coil is usually due to the absence of a dropping resistor. When cranking, there is a bypass wire directly connected to the coil which comes on. When starting is done, this line is disabled and the B+ via the resistor takes over. The reason for this design is to still get good spark at cranking when the battery voltage drops. The Bosh blue ignition coil used in VWs is a compromise in its operating voltage range. The coil with the resistor is still the best for me.

I have solved this problem for many clients. When the bypass line is not available from the ignition switch, a relay is made to short out the resistor and the relay is closed by the starter line to the solenoid.

Rarely but it can happen depending on the EIS used will a coil heat up.

BK 0922 296 6288

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
DIY: How to make your own Electronic Ignition for contact point engines