New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    I have this on/off performance issues especially with my diesel fed vehicles. I attribute it to 'dirty diesel' as they usually occur shortly after refuelling.

Has anybody ever stumbled on some info about DIY testing for diesel contamination.

At least there is this simple 'Blot Test' for petrol:

"Place a few drops of petrol on a blotting paper and let the fuel evaporate, it should not leave any mark on the blotting paper, otherwise it is adulterated".

For diesel, I have a quick pass on 'specific gravity test' (not so simple to do) used by Fuel stations to estimate the volume of their diesel at different temperatures, looking for possible 'ghost delivery'.

The Depot could have supplied them a particular volume of diesel only to find out later that some is missing due to contraction, as the station fuel tank is a lot colder than the delivery truck tank.

Any practical solution to avoid dirty fuels, simple gadgets or workarounds.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    May mga bagong labas ng diesel fuel ngayon ang petron at shell medyo mahal kaysa sa dati sana naman maganda ang quality nito at malinis . Sana may magbigay ng feedback sa mga nakagamit nito tungkol sa performance ng diesel fuel na ito.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    mahirap iwasan ang contaminated fuel, noticeable after refilling quality only , in your daily re-fuel note station with ???? quality & avoid low area station/old station .

Dirty fuels