New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    can you tell jut by how it looks, smells, or feels(in your engine)? anu anong brands ba ung pinaka malinis?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by badkuk
    can you tell jut by how it looks, smells, or feels(in your engine)? anu anong brands ba ung pinaka malinis?
    you have to measure the sulfur content of diesel.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diesel here in our country is relatively 'dirty' compared to other markets. However, it is still wise to avoid contaminated stocks.

You cannot simply eyeball diesel for dirtiness unless it is grossly contaminated.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Somebody told me that the color of diesel with water looks like that of your common 'condensed milk'. I haven't seen it in actual.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    how about those ecodiesel or diesoline stuff? madumi rin compared to other countries?

someone once told me kasi na pag diesel e within 3 years, magkakaproblema sa engine -- at the very least iitim ung buga. pero tingin it has more to do with the fuel than with the design of diesel engines

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    IMO, Parang mas kaunti usok ng ride ko when I use Seaoil or Flying V, maybe someone can confirm or is it just my imagination?

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Falken how did you determine if you ride has lesser or more smoke coming out? Did you have somebody drive your car and then followed it with another car to observe?

8. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by falken
    IMO, Parang mas kaunti usok ng ride ko when I use Seaoil or Flying V, maybe someone can confirm or is it just my imagination?
    I also have the same observation. I also add a small bottle of their biodiesel for every half tank I fill up (seaoil). I also observe that that the less fuel in your tank, the more mausok it becomes. So, I try to fill it up when I see the guage in half tank. This latter observation is true even before I used seaoil.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    I learned my lesson when I availed of the cheaper diesel 3-4 years ago. at that time, I think around P14.00 pa lang diesel. there was this station selling it at P10.00. I didn't know any better so consistently nagpakarga ako dun for 2-3 months. afterwards, inabot nako ng tirik. sira na ang fuel filter. buti dun pa lang inabot...

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    meron nagsabi sakin, japanese diesel daw is almost water-white or ...colorless.
    I suppose ganun nga siguro yung ultra low sulfur diesel compared to our diesel.
    Sa U.S., Europe and Japan kasi, implemented na yata yung ultra low sulfur diesel, sulfur content 15-30 ppm or 0.0015% to 0.0030%. Compare to our local diesel which is at 0.05%.

sakin, simple rule of thumb, the darker the diesel, the more crude contaminants it has. the hazier (malabo) the diesel... suspect water in it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
dirty diesel fuel