New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 185 of 186 FirstFirst ... 85135175181182183184185186 LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,850 of 1853
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Okay pa din ba 2t oil on the new innova's 1gdftv engine 2.8l engine?

Sent from my MI MAX 2 using Tapatalk
    I will not advise you to use it.. but its your car you can try if you like.

Use euro 4 diesel for me is enough

2. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    New member here, im curiuos about adding 2t on diesel. Is it really effective? I have a toyota 2L engine that is a bit noisy. Will it reduce d sound and vibration? TIA

3. Join Date
    May 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by Turboismyname View Post
    New member here, im curiuos about adding 2t on diesel. Is it really effective? I have a toyota 2L engine that is a bit noisy. Will it reduce d sound and vibration? TIA
    You can try, there's little to no difference imo. I find using a better quality oil improves noise and vibration.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Is this a Revo? I believe the sound is kind of a lost cause. Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel Though the vibration, you can still do something about. As mentioned, a good oil change can significantly improve things. Also check if your idling is up to spec. 700-800rpm is the norm. 1000rpm seems to give the least vibration, but may be less economical.

I have often wondered as to why 2L Revo's are noisier than 2L Hiace's. Perhaps you can try sound insulation?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Is this a Revo? I believe the sound is kind of a lost cause. Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel Though the vibration, you can still do something about. As mentioned, a good oil change can significantly improve things. Also check if your idling is up to spec. 700-800rpm is the norm. 1000rpm seems to give the least vibration, but may be less economical.

I have often wondered as to why 2L Revo's are noisier than 2L Hiace's. Perhaps you can try sound insulation?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
    Tnx for d response GTi, mine is an AUV - revo style. Change oil is due next month, will have it check by mechanic also. Im planning to put 2t this weekend. Is there any recommended brand/specs? Does anyone here tried it on toyota 2L? TIA

6. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Had a chance to drive a 2014 Isuzu D-Max in 2015 direct injection (non-Crdi). the engine was really noisy back then. Experimented by adding small amounts of Shell 2T to the diesel fuel. Eventually added the right ratio. In due time tumahimik yung engine but monitored the dash indicator for the fuel filter. After two months, I mentioned this thread to our service manager. He then experimented on their service vehicle sa province a Mazda Bongo. He got surprised since tumahimik yung truck. Few months later he got to talk to our manager in Davao, this guy owned a Pajero Field master at sobra ingay raw. He tried the 2T and he was shocked na tumahimik eventually.

I did not put 2T each time i Loaded gas, minsan konti lang lagay ko vs amount of diesel fuel. Minsan hindi na. Oh, 4 weeks after I first loaded 2T with the right ratio. Umilaw yung indicator sa dash to change filter. Dumumi yung filter sa ilalim but decided to also change the filter inside the engine bay (kahit hindi naman marumi). I assumed that the 2T oil just cleaned the system or one year hindi na palitan yung filter sa ilalim by the previous user.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Ang haba i backread so apologies if this was asked before.
    Applicable po ba to sa 2009 Hyundai Tucson CRDi?
    Gusto ko sana i try to check if it will lessen the engine vibration.

Also, magkaiba ba yung fuel filter at oil filter?
    Hindi ko po kasi alam saan fuel filter ng Tucson CRDi.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post

Please stick first to the User Manual specs associated with your vehicles. If not the original owner, you don't have it, and no idea raise your issue here.

E.g., fuel filter is for fuel - gasoline or diesel and engine oil filter is for such.

Re grade of oil and fuel e.g. 5W40 gasoline/diesel engine, octane/ Euro compliance, raise it too here; some guyz might be able to provide the right ans.

Cheers!

9. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by carxynogen View Post

Not applicable. Fuel filter ng hyundai kia madalas nasa firewall naka dikit..

10. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Up. Applicable pa ba ito sa mga modern crdis?
    Mine is a mitsubishi 4n15

Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel