New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 186 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by edtf View Post
    that is damn cheap!!! 2t runs almost double that price!!! Where duty free is that? Puregold?
    No it was not pure gold, It's across the street from it on Clark, The place with the all the furniture and lighting. Yeah I bought everyone they had on the self when I saw that price.

2. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Is this ok to use on a 4D56 engine from a 201 Mitsubishi Adventure?

3. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Let's be clear on this, It will make any mechanical injection diesel run better. They were designed for the high sulfer diesel of the past if you don't like your rig to rattle like a box of rocks is in the engine all the time add it.

For the Philippines it is pretty much good for any diesel, except BMW, or Mercedes and the newer rovers (high end stuff) with extreamly high rail pressures and super advanced piezoelectric injectors. (Example these cars are making 2000bar/29000psi of fuel pressure vs a 3.0 D4D which is only 1350bar/19580psi so this could cause a problem if your thicking things up)

Works fine on D4D engines like the Fortuner with no issues, Would probably solve a bunch of issues with the 2.5 D4D as well.

No real testing shows it causes any issues to any vehicle, the 2007 and up thing is a recomendation ie the word (may cause harm). And since the CRDI sold there are not the super high tech ones I would not hesitate on using it.

But if you got a non common rail diesel (Any) you should not hesitate to use it. Once you start you won't stop putting it in.
    Last edited by dvldoc; April 28th, 2011 at 01:45 AM.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    to add the 2.4li puma engine of the land rover is a sister engine of the duratorq ford engine. Not sure if that is the high pressure variety. So you guys might want to be careful with those engines too

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Any new users of 2T with results?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    just tried it two days ago on a 1990 4d56t. so far so good. less engine noise, less vibration and smooth engine response.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bertzus View Post
    just tried it two days ago on a 1990 4d56t. so far so good. less engine noise, less vibration and smooth engine response.
    I agree with this. I used it on a long trip with 2T - sounds like the newer diesel engines

8. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Finally found an FC rated 2T oil; Castrol Activ. I bought the premium one for P250/ltr while the Activ one only is P233/ltr. Both are FC rated but since the difference in only P17, I choose the one with high thermal capacity. I did notice that the engine is much quiter and responsive. FC seems to be just about a bit better but not by much.

I'll definitely continue in doing this to see if there is any other benefit.
    Last edited by Ry_Tower; May 7th, 2011 at 08:23 PM.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

9. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I guess a big issue there is many of the brands don't have and FC rating stated on them. That big list I put at the start of the tread should have almost every brand carried there and it's rating just to make it easier for you to find a low cost one.

Just remember don't use synthetic 2t.
    Last edited by dvldoc; May 8th, 2011 at 12:17 AM.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    is it better than adding biodiesel? i currently add 500ml to a full tank of diesel (65L for hiace) 2L engine.

so i just go to petron or shell and ask for 2T additive ?

Diesel owners that add 2T oil to fuel