New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 201 of 235 FirstFirst ... 101151191197198199200201202203204205211 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 2348
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Hi DD, my innova will finally reach 40K km reading in odo after more than 5 years. Other than fluid changes recommended by casa, will you recommend egr cleaning? There is a very slight change in fuel consumption from the usual 10.5kpl to current 10kpl, city driving. Other than this, no performance issues whatsoever. TIA.
    Last edited by timo07; April 15th, 2013 at 01:52 PM.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    hindi kaya sir... barado or naka bend ang fuel hose return?
    I don't think so.

Try EGR.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    would blanking plates sa EGR ng D4D engine cause any issues?
    I don't think so.

would it help in fuel consumption sir and pass the emmission tests?
    Effect on fuel consumption will be very minimal. It will pass emission opacity test if smoke is reduced.
    However it will fail exhaust gas analysis if NOX is measured.

thanks sir Dieseldude
    You're welcome.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by timo07 View Post
    Hi DD, my innova will finally reach 40K km reading in odo after more than 5 years. Other than fluid changes recommended by casa, will you recommend egr cleaning? There is a very slight change in fuel consumption from the usual 10.5kpl to current 10kpl, city driving. Other than this, no performance issues whatsoever. TIA.
    EGR often cleans itself through occasional hard driving.......sa NLEX/SLEX.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    EGR often cleans itself through occasional hard driving.......sa NLEX/SLEX.
    Thanks DD. Think this was already suggested before in several postings. Sorry for my short memory.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Hi..Question lang po..ano magandang brand ng Synthetic Oil for Diesel Engine? regular naman yung change oil namin..pero i want to try other brands..baka mas gumanda yung performance..or kung may combination okay din..lagi na lang kasi sa Toyota..hehe TIA!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by mackie08gt View Post
    Hi..Question lang po..ano magandang brand ng Synthetic Oil for Diesel Engine? regular naman yung change oil namin..pero i want to try other brands..baka mas gumanda yung performance..or kung may combination okay din..lagi na lang kasi sa Toyota..hehe TIA!
    May thread na tungkol dyan. http://tsikot.com/forums/engine-fuel.../index138.html

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    I own a 2003 Isuzu Crosswind AT. Had it's nozzle cleaned about a month ago, together with the fuel filter and sedimentor. After this, I noticed na medyo "sakal" yung power. Found out from the calibration center that I went to, that when the nozzle's were cleaned, the "pressure" was set to 180 instead of the 185 recommended by isuzu. According to the mechanic, hindi daw ito yung possible cause nung "sakal" na power. Mas ok nga daw yung lower setting kasi it means masmadali daw pumasok ang fuel dahil sa lower pressure. Is this true?

the mechanic thinks its the injector - baka kailangang linisin na daw. (air filter is about 3 months new pa lang. wala namang restricted sa air supply). When the mechanic steps on the pedal, napansin nya na hindi agad nagre-respond yung engine. Floored na yung pedal pero di pa "sumisigaw" yung engine...parang humahabol pa lang yung combustion (kaya parang sakal nga yung power).

Could the culprit be the wrong nozzle setting or the injector?

Appreciate any inputs. Also, can you PM me if you know of good calibration centers near Marikina, Sumulong HW - Cainta, Katipunan-C5-Aurora or nearby areas?

TIA

9. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by keith22 View Post
    My 2007 Ford Ranger Trekker 2.5 AT has terrible fuel consumption. I already changed all the fluids, filters(air, fuel), even had it diagnosed by Berrima who performed fuel line purge on it, to no avail. When I got the unit, there was a mild knocking sound and CEL which turned out to be the EGR whic I also replaced. We tried cleaning it first but the problem persisted. All of these and I'm still getting 5.5-6 KM/L city. What's annoying is that even on long trips such as Subic/Baguio, the best that I can do is 7.5 KM/L. It is also spewing black smoke during sudden acceleration and when the RPM goes over 3K RPM. I also have an OBD2 scan tool and from the reading, it seems that my injectors are working fine (via pressure reading). It also experience surging in terms of throttle response which I thought was due to a faulty Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor which I also replaced and tested, but still the symptoms persisted.

The only thing that I haven't done is to have the intake manifold cleaned. Do you think this will solve the high fuel consumption/black smoke problem during high RPM's? Do you have any other recommendations?
    had the same issue with my 4jx1 trooper 6km/l city driving and 8km/l highway,black smoke on high prms and a bit white smoke in idle... decided to clean the intake manifold sobrang daming carbon deposit lalo na dun sa may bandang egr....and also done the tambutso cleaning,,, for almost a month now my city driving is 8km/l and 10km/l highway and no more black and white smoke...im planing to blocked the egr para hindi na gaanong dumumi ang intake manifold...im no expert just personal experience...

10. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I own a 2003 Isuzu Crosswind AT. Had it's nozzle cleaned about a month ago, together with the fuel filter and sedimentor. After this, I noticed na medyo "sakal" yung power. Found out from the calibration center that I went to, that when the nozzle's were cleaned, the "pressure" was set to 180 instead of the 185 recommended by isuzu. 5 bar deviation from specs won't cause a low power problem.

According to the mechanic, hindi daw ito yung possible cause nung "sakal" na power. Mas ok nga daw yung lower setting kasi it means masmadali daw pumasok ang fuel dahil sa lower pressure. Is this true? Your mechanic is partly correct. It would still be best if pressure is set to specs.

the mechanic thinks its the injector - baka kailangang linisin na daw. Injectors don't need checking if they were properly serviced just a month ago.

(air filter is about 3 months new pa lang. wala namang restricted sa air supply). When the mechanic steps on the pedal, napansin nya na hindi agad nagre-respond yung engine. Floored na yung pedal pero di pa "sumisigaw" yung engine...parang humahabol pa lang yung combustion (kaya parang sakal nga yung power).

Could the culprit be the wrong nozzle setting or the injector?

Appreciate any inputs. Also, can you PM me if you know of good calibration centers near Marikina, Sumulong HW - Cainta, Katipunan-C5-Aurora or nearby areas?

TIA
    Last edited by Dieseldude; May 8th, 2013 at 10:13 PM. Reason: correct text

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk