New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 125 of 235 FirstFirst ... 2575115121122123124125126127128129135175225 ... LastLast
Results 1,241 to 1,250 of 2348
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Sir this is what happen to my intercooler with out catch can ........but i would like to remind you i run my engine hard on road and offroad.

Oils is visible inside the intercooler making it inefficient in cooling down the compress air and found a sticky gunk in the pipes................oil catch can will prevent this to happen and our inter cooler should not have oil inside. I havent heard any problem resulting from using an oil catch can and im using one on my truck too.

Great pictures.

Small amounts of oil in the intercooler is normal.
    Thanks just trying to help you answer sir some question, i do modify diesel trucks dito sa thailand with friends, commonrail is one of the best design ever done for us. Keep it up....................will be lurking around.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by El batangueno View Post
    Just for info lang sir DD, my car is XUV 2003 MT and still can run up to 150kph at 450rpm and fuel consumtion is ave of 13km/lit sometimes 15 if more on hi-way. Worry ko lang po baka kapag pina compression test ko eh tapos hindi ba pala competent yon gagawa kung ano pa mangyari.

Thank you sir and other forumer here for being generous giving your knowledge!
    Don't know what XUV is. Try mo sa casa sa Lipa, and discuss your concern with the service manager. Btw, what's your total mileage?

Fyi, engines with poor compression can still have good mileage and attain top vehicle speed.

Good luck.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by dadz View Post
    Thanks just trying to help you answer sir some question, i do modify diesel trucks dito sa thailand with friends, commonrail is one of the best design ever done for us. Keep it up....................will be lurking around.
    Great. Keep on sharing......... Thanks.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2011
    hi, i have a nissan datsun td23 pickup, last year hindi na register ng brother ko it failed the emission test. recently, i had the nozzles cleaned, timed the injection pump, clean the air filter and still have black smoke. the guys at the calibration center said that because its nissan maitim usok nyan. tama ba to? ano pa ba pwede gawin para maipasa sa emission? (the mechanic recomended that we choke the pump on the day na mag pa emission.) but i want to do it legally clean para pagpalain tayo ni Lord. help...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Don't know what XUV is. Try mo sa casa sa Lipa, and discuss your concern with the service manager. Btw, what's your total mileage?

Fyi, engines with poor compression can still have good mileage and attain top vehicle speed.

Good luck.
    Sorry for insufficient info, my car is crosswind 2003, 150k mileage niya.

Bought it from the first owner, sabi niya casa maintain and may record naman nga kasama noong kinuha ko.This my first owned diesel car kaya hidi ko pa masyado alam kung ano mga dapat tandaan at gawin.

Isa lang Isuzu casa sa Batangas, anybody here can confirm that Isuzu San Tomas is not that good. kaya tuloy sa Rapide ko nadala although nababasa ko dito na SOP nila hindi ganun kaayos.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by dadz View Post
    Sir, saan ka sa Thailand. Mura daw kasi accessories ng mga sasakyan dito but dunno where is. me, working here also Sriracha in Thai Oil.

Sorry po medyo OT!!!

7. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Leaks are most often due to a blown/burnt head gasket.

Warps are easy to repair through deck resurfacing. Cracks are difficult. Ask the machine shop for warranty if they will perform a crack repair.

had it checked out by Asian engine rebuilders. sobra sobra na daw ang crack. can't be cold-welded na.

going to replace it with a c240 head...keeping fingers crossed for the transplant. heheheh

8. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    hi, i have a nissan datsun td23 pickup, last year hindi na register ng brother ko it failed the emission test. recently, i had the nozzles cleaned, timed the injection pump, clean the air filter and still have black smoke. the guys at the calibration center said that because its nissan maitim usok nyan. tama ba to?
    That's not true. This is a clean burning engine, but emits more smoke than the newer engine models. A little black smoke is normal as long as it passes emission test.

ano pa ba pwede gawin para maipasa sa emission? (the mechanic recomended that we choke the pump on the day na mag pa emission.) but i want to do it legally clean para pagpalain tayo ni Lord. help...
    You are doing the right thing. I have seen a lot of cars fail emission test. But when we tested it, the car was actually passing. This means that the testor may just want some under the table money for him to pass an already passing vehicle.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by El batangueno View Post
    Sorry for insufficient info, my car is crosswind 2003, 150k mileage niya.

Bought it from the first owner, sabi niya casa maintain and may record naman nga kasama noong kinuha ko.This my first owned diesel car kaya hidi ko pa masyado alam kung ano mga dapat tandaan at gawin.

Isa lang Isuzu casa sa Batangas, anybody here can confirm that Isuzu San Tomas is not that good. kaya tuloy sa Rapide ko nadala although nababasa ko dito na SOP nila hindi ganun kaayos.
    To do a good compression test, the workshop should have an accurate compression gauge, know Isuzu's recommended procedure for conducting this test, and also have the reference minimum pressure values.

I recommend doing the test on a cold engine, before starting it in the morning.

10. Join Date
    Aug 2009
    sir dieseldude newbie po ako sa diesel... ask ko lang po sana advice niyo regarding our XUV 2004 crosswind M/T. napansin ko po kci na parang kumadkot yun sasakayan at a speed of 60-80km... ano po kaya ang problema nun? nasa 46km mileage pa lang po yun crosswind namin. ano po pala gamit nun water separator? kelan po ba dapat dinadrain yun?
    thanks in advance...

Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk