New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 235 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    Diseldude,

Sir, i drive a 1997 starex with a non turbo engine. It logged more than a 100k kms already. Regularly change oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air cleaner. So far engine is still ok runs smooth and still no substantial smoke.
    Sa akin kasi as long as walang problem with the injection pump, do'nt touch it. Is this right? Also my mechanic whenever he change the fuel filter he also bleeds the fuel lines going to the cylender, yung apat apart from the fuel filter. Is this better?

Thanks and more power
    Yes, you are correct. You don't have to touch the injection pump if it is working properly. At 100k kms, you have to replace the timing belts though, as this will cause major engine damage if they fail.

You don't have to bleed the high pressure lines to the injectors if you are able to successfully start the engine after a fuel filter change.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by warrior View Post
    Diseldude,

Sir, i drive a 1997 starex with a non turbo engine. It logged more than a 100k kms already. Regularly change oil, oil filter, fuel filter and air cleaner. So far engine is still ok runs smooth and still no substantial smoke.
    Sa akin kasi as long as walang problem with the injection pump, do'nt touch it. Is this right? Also my mechanic whenever he change the fuel filter he also bleeds the fuel lines going to the cylender, yung apat apart from the fuel filter. Is this better?

Thanks and more power
    Yes, you are correct. You don't have to touch the injection pump if it is working properly. At 100k kms, you have to replace the timing belts though, as this will cause major damage failure if they fail.

You don't have to bleed the high pressure lines to the injectors if you are able to successfully start the engine after a fuel filter change.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieseldude View Post
    Yes, you are correct. You don't have to touch the injection pump if it is working properly. At 100k kms, you have to replace the timing belts though, as this will cause major damage failure if they fail.

Sir,

Thank you for answering my query

4. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    DieselDude,

Without dismantling the injection pump, pwede bang:

1. Check and adjust the Fuel Delivery Pessure ng injection pump? (For 4JA1, for example, .2 kg/cm2)
    2. Adjust the injection timing of the pump to default setting?

Thanks.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    ano may ok. pa calibrate o carbon clean? kasi napansin ko.. mas mabilis tumaas rpm ko kaysa sa speedometer. pagumabot na ako ng 100 km/hr... rpm ko is nasa 3.5 dati... nasa 120km/hr 3.5 lang rpm. tama kaya ito? caibration ba needed for this? thanks.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    in new turbo diesels right now, is there any special maintenance you need to do for the turbo and intercooler?

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by jvandanne View Post
    in new turbo diesels right now, is there any special maintenance you need to do for the turbo and intercooler?
    No special maintenance is required. Having a clean air filter on your engine is enough.

A blocked air filter will cause your turbo to leak oil into the intercooler. Oil plus dust from your air filter will block the intercooler.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by jvandanne View Post
    dude. pag bago lalu na pag common-rail.. i suggest let the manufacturers do the maintenance. take advantage of the 100k or 3yrs. warranty. yung innova namin na bago hindi namin magalaw... toyota lang. thanks.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by carbuncle View Post
    ano may ok. pa calibrate o carbon clean? kasi napansin ko.. mas mabilis tumaas rpm ko kaysa sa speedometer. pagumabot na ako ng 100 km/hr... rpm ko is nasa 3.5 dati... nasa 120km/hr 3.5 lang rpm. tama kaya ito? caibration ba needed for this? thanks.
    You don't need carbon clean or pump calibration on your specific complaint. You need to check the accuracy of your speedometer and tachometer. Questions:
    1) Did you change your tires or tire size?
    2) Was clutch work done on your car?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2003
    sir dieseldude,
    I have this problem since i acquired my 2002 strada. Sort of a factory defect. The problem is whenever I am traversing a slope ( 10 degrees in my inclinometer), I am losing power especially from a halt. Parang mamatayan ako ng engine. What i do is apply my handbrake and rev my engine up to 2k then let go my handbrake to accelerate. Sabi ng mekaniko ko, kulang daw sa galit ang makina pag nire-rev. Medyo ipina-advance ko ang timing at medyo nakatulong kaso maingay ang makina at malakas sa diesel. what is supposed to be the problem? Thanks in advance.

Page 7 of 235 FirstFirst ... 345678910111757107 ... LastLast
Diesel Fuel Injection System Help Desk