New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I have a Kia Besta model 98 with a 2.2 Liter diesel engine. I think one of the cylinders is bad already and which might necessitate an overhaul. Can you please let me know of any reputable engine overhauling center in the Las Pinas area. Many Thanks

2. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

3. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I had my injector pumps calibrated..that helped. I also had the engine compression tested and the results are #1-15, #2-16, #3-17 and #4-17. I was told this is really below par as diesel engines need to be 20 to 22. Any comments? Does this mean my engine has lost compression already?

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry_Tower View Post
    bilis talaga ni ry_tower..........

contack mo c disesldude he can help....

5. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by DLV View Post
    I had my injector pumps calibrated..that helped. I also had the engine compression tested and the results are #1-15, #2-16, #3-17 and #4-17. I was told this is really below par as diesel engines need to be 20 to 22. Any comments? Does this mean my engine has lost compression already?
    Ano gamit mo na engine oil sir? 15w40 na din ba? Kasi meron pang 15w50 eh, puwede naman yun if ayaw mo pa top overhaul. Pero mas ok yung palit ka na ng piston rings and timing belt/chain and tensioners if ever para isang gawaan lang. Medyo mura lang yan.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks, yes. I checked my last oil change and I'm still using 15w-40. What does it mean if if I use 15w-50? What brand do you recommend?

7. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Thanks, yes. I checked my last oil change and I'm still using 15w-40. What does it mean if if I use 15w-50? What brand do you recommend?
    For older engines kasi recommended yung mataas ang rating para mas malapot and better for the clearance. Pero ok na rin 15w40 eh. Mausok na ba? Low FC na? if hindi pa naman, not yet worth top overhaul IMO.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    I have been using Redline 15w40 diesel oil in my Hilux since 1997 and no overhaul for me. Timing belt change lang ever since. Price is around 500+/qt from Riken, Superior, check Fuzion R and Speedlab for availability.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Thanks for all the comments ... will do an oil change this weekend. Hope it works!!! :-)

10. Join Date
    May 2009
    Follow manufacturer's oil specs sir.....try using monogrades for looser engines. if it still eats up the oil then start saving money.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Diesel Engine Overhauling