New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    There are different specs when it's cold and when it's warmed up.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I prefer doing it cold in the morning before starting it. Your engine is .040mm hot or cold so its up to you. Messy kasi pag nagcirculate na yung oil at mainit yung valve cover and other components.

3. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 4JGtootsie View Post
    I prefer doing it cold in the morning before starting it. Your engine is .040mm hot or cold so its up to you. Messy kasi pag nagcirculate na yung oil at mainit yung valve cover and other components.
    Just had my Valve clearance adjusted... and yung sound galing pala sa water pump... Buti na lang nakita agad... Now its A ok na no more tik tik sound... Thanks sa mga nag reply...

How about the white smoke? All day ba na may white smoke or during cold starts lang? If the white smoke symptom persists, you may need to have the valve seals replaced.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    If i remember it correctly, kahit hot na meron pa ring white smoke. For your ease of mind, the best option is to have a compression test. It's cheaper than overhaul kaagad.

6. Join Date
    May 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by kompressor View Post
    How about the white smoke? All day ba na may white smoke or during cold starts lang? If the white smoke symptom persists, you may need to have the valve seals replaced.
    I cant find a good Mechanic here in our place... But is this Valve seal replacement will do the job? How much would it cost me? For now I have no complain it runs good, Diesel consumption is great, Engine doesn't loose oil(so far)...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Diesel Engine help(smoke on oil filler cap)