New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Ok lang ba Delo Gold for gas engines? :?:

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Dati ko pa naririnig ang myth na iyan (Delo 500 pa ang name niya noon). Usually among Honda owners. Pero I still would not recommend this practice.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Ive been using it on my "Lone Wolf for 3 years already, no problem, I just replaced my head gasket and thanks to the oil i am carbon free in the cylinder head, pistons etc. I have 240,000 KMS. on my tiny truck and im still a far cry form overhaul.

4. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    ooopppsss by the way lone wolf is unit # 2 in the country as afar as FEROZA'S are concerned.....

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I dont see any reason why not. Diba meron mixed fleet oils?

6. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    yup, even the product manager of delo uses it on his 2 year old civic

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yep pwede yun... yung explaination ni chieffy sa isang thread... Delo 500 is rated both for Diesel engines ang Gasoline

http://tsikot.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=3176&post days=0&postorder=asc&highlight=delo&start=0

It's because of the SJ rating which makes it suitable for gasoline engines.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Caltex is owned by the U.S. Chevron-Texaco corporation.

The Caltex Delo Gold is the Delo 500 with a former diesel rating of CF-4 and now, supposedly CH-4. The Delo Gold can be used on both gas and diesel engines since it also carries a spark-ignition rating of SG or SJ, depending on the publication that you read.

The Delo 400 (also sold as the Chevron Delo 400 in the U.S.) is Delo's highest rated (CI-4) mineral based oil and supposedly rivals the best synthetics. The Delo 400 is a certified extended drain interval oil for U.S. heavy trucks. It can also be used on gasoline engines. I think Delo 400 is available in the Philippines in pails (15-20 liters).

There's really no such thing as viscosity that's specifically for gas engines. However, there is a range-- 5w-20, 0w-30, 5w-30, 10w-30, 0w-40, 5w-40, 10w-40, 15w-40, 20w-40, 20w-50, etc.

Diesel engine oil viscosities also fall within this range.

API service ratings (and not multi-viscosity) that begin with "S", such as SH, SJ or SL is what determines if a motor oil is fit for "spark-ignition" or gas engine use.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    yup.. used it sa MB gasoline ko.....use the multigrade...

10. Join Date
    Jan 1970
    Just curious, what advantage does using DELO on a gas engine offer, as opposed to using a gasoline-specific oil?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Delo for Gas Engines:Ok lang ba?