New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Fleetguard stated that the filters are identical as far as parts on the same part number unless it is superseded. The filters I have are solid as a rock no rattle to them but mine are 11/24/2010 manufacture date.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dvldoc View Post
    Well just called Fleetguard they are still listed as a dealer as well as the one in Laguna, but we all know how things go there, some people will cut coners to make money.
    Yeah that is common practice here, they can make 3x the profit from passing off fakes as originals. I have noticed as you've said on the other thread that the fakes (even the other brands) don't have "Made in <Country of origin>" printed on them. And most of the time the fakes are a bit lighter than the originals. Thanks for the info.

*12vdc
    Forgot to mention that, right about EGR, if you still have it the oil seems to darken much quicker than when its blocked off.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhandros View Post
    Can you guys give me advice..

Some 3,500 kms after an oil change, the oil on my 3.2 strada is quite dark brown already. But the oil of our diesel innova with a similar mileage after an oil change is still light to medium brown. Both use the same oil (15W-40 Castrol GTX Turbo Diesel)

Is this a cause for concern?
    haha, baligtad ang inaalala mo. yung Innova ang magtaka ka.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Wh1stl3r View Post
    I have noticed as you've said on the other thread that the fakes (even the other brands) don't have "Made in <Country of origin>" printed on them. And most of the time the fakes are a bit lighter than the originals. Thanks for the info.
    Some counterfeit have laser print indicating place of manufacture. Crooks are hightech nowadays.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by 12vdc View Post
    Some counterfeit have laser print indicating place of manufacture. Crooks are hightech nowadays.
    Deym. Maybe we should keep an original for comparison when buying. I'm thinking of even bringing a jeweller's scale with me to compare the weight lolz.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Dark engine oil