New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
  1. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    They changed the Denso fuel pump if my memory serves me right. Im still using Petron Diesel Maxx from the same station.
    Interesting. Based on your case, it would mean that choking and hard choking are clearly not the manifestation(s) of filling up with supposed "dirty" diesel from supposed "seedy/contaminated" filling stations, as TMPI constantly maintains.

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Interesting. Based on your case, it would mean that choking and hard choking are clearly not the manifestation(s) of filling up with supposed "dirty" diesel from supposed "seedy/contaminated" filling stations, as TMPI constantly maintains. You are correct. Problem is not on the fuel, it's on the Denso supply pump.....

3. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    I think everybody knows that it was NEVER the local fuel to begin with (because obviously all other common-rail diesel engines would have siezed).

4. Join Date
    May 2005
    I just saw and replied to a post from the media who will do a story about this. Hope we get the results. That is, for them to support even those out of warranty as it is causing motorists an arm and a leg to have it replaced if its beyond warranty.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    well I've heard this concern as well. i just hope this wont happen to our hilux fx and innova.......... my friend's dad told me he talk to one mechanic from denso. his advise was to replace the fuel filter every 10000km or 15000km. since the pump cost around 60k? better spend a few hundreds than have some problem with your fuel pump or injector after your cars warranty ends.......... diba? mura lang naman eh. madumi naman po talaga ang diesel natin compared to other countries

6. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    I know of people who religiously replaced fuel filter at even closer intervals but still had the same choking problem. This is not the solution.

And besides, the filter is just a very fine sieve which arrests contamination. A blocked filter will still be working as it will gradually restrict fuel supply to the pump due to heavy blockage, and will only result in low power. Dirt will not be allowed to get into the pump.

However, a very very old filter may eventually disintegrate. The disintegrated filter media, together with all the dirt will now flow into the pump.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
D4D choking is back , yes as I experienced it!!!!