New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Thank God I got a carens instead of innova. Since I got my unit till now (almost 5k already, ready for service na next week) I had no problems with my unit except for one time that I can't pop open the hood. (Natanggal lang pala yung cable sa clip). I remember the TS also thinks of buying a carens.

Well back to topic does the toyota manager have a proof of saying na nangyayari din ang choking sa ford and kia units. If he has no proof how dare he says that.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    I think It's still happening outside philippines, look at this d4d problem with avensis.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0095813AABYSAa

kaya bs yang excuse ng toyota dealers.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by rion View Post
    I think It's still happening outside philippines, look at this d4d problem with avensis.

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...0095813AABYSAa

kaya bs yang excuse ng toyota dealers.
    That's actually a different issue... electronics yun on a secondhand or old car.

To be honest, I have not found much regarding D4D problems outside the Philippines, and much that is written about it is in reference to the D4D choking issue as read by foreigners on our local websites.

But this is English language websites. In other third world countries, the problems actually do occur... countries like... errh... Pakistan.

It really is fuel quality. One would hope Toyota would design or subcontract a better part, but...

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Sorry to hear about your Innova Fireblade.

As far as our Innova D4Ds, which ran north of 75,000 kilometers are concerned, only one unit was reported to have stalled (using low grade barrio diesel I gathered) the way yours did. So the 'dirty diesel' theory might be true. The other case was a recall of the rear differential which Toyota replaced under warranty.

[SIZE="1"]You should have got the Carens instead[/SIZE]...

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Don't blame gas companies for the poor performance of D4d engines. Gas companies like Shell has its own independent quality control team with a mini lab to checks their Gas Stations on a regular basis.

6. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    i have to agree with the concerns of Toyota. the gasoline companies are doing something with the diesel. although I havent experienced the choking problem with my CRDI Sta Fe, pansin ko lang na iba ang takbo nya ngaun.

before kasi after every full tank, my gauge starts to move when I reach 80KM from 0 reset during full tank. ngaun mag-50 pa lang ambilis mag-move.
    and I have observed this twice already magmula ng sunod-sunod ang price increases.

although my FC still improved in the past 2 full tanks, wala naman kasi gano traffic ngaun sa route as well no school and I dont travel during rush hours, dapat man lang eh umabot na ako ng 650km for every full tank

pls do take note yun gasoline station ko is the same gasoline station na ginagas since my SF was bought August 2006. eto yun sa harap ng Meralco na may Mcdo. parang sa supplier na ata nagaganap ang magic nila eh

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Getting the unit now in Toyota and according to the manager that I talked to this morning, there had been 4 Fortuners and 4 Innovas including mine released 2008 that had stalled.

To the folks relating to my choice of Carens / Innova, sorry but I really prefer the Innova

Back on topic, I will now take my chance of using it and hope that it doesnt happen again.

Radical,

Iwas muna ako sa Petron dito at sa Makati ave muna lilipat

I hope it wont happen again. If its any consolation, there has been no recorded stalling at high speed. When I asked them who pays for damages if for example it was caused by the stalling, I saw six rolling eyes not knowing what to say

8. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    if It really is fuel quality. then we are all doomed!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    RE: Hyundais: That's the way they deal with crappy diesel. Fuel economy and power suffer. But clean out the system and they run better.

I still haven't seen how Ford TDCis react to bad diesel... haven't come across any that have been fed poor fuel.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

10. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    similar thing happened to me while driving our 04 starex diesel last month... it was an even worst scenario coz i was in nlex (overtaking lane) when the engine died, similar with what happened with yours.. i was pushing the van hard trying to keep up with my father while doing 130kph the engine ceased ive pushed the van to 180kph in nlex before so i know that it can do 140-150kph easy..,i immediately pulled to the shoulder and started it after a minute and everything was back to normal..up to this very moment...

i noticed that the van was not as perky as it was when i gassed up at a local caltex that morning i can almost tell that there was something wrong

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
D4D choking is back , yes as I experienced it!!!!