New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    yes sir, the spark plugs is regularly replaced at 10K km included the the PM.
    batteries terminal are clean as well since i do engine bay cleaning daily.
    all gas lines were air blown to make sure it's clean inside before installing new
    gas pump & filter. pressure test we never did, though i will likely wait first from thread starter on the result of TB cleaning if it work's and i'll ask my mechanic to do the same. thanks again.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Also check the grounding wires of your crv. This happened to my 99 SiR before. hard starting kasi meron ground wires naputol.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    could also be the fuel reg. it's attached to the fuel rail. check to see if that's ok.

4. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by speedyfix View Post
    could also be the fuel reg. it's attached to the fuel rail. check to see if that's ok.
    sir, what do i need to do with the fuel regulator? i've changed fuel filter & pump when i first encountered the problem. after 4 days, it's started to show sign of hard start na. now almost 3 weeks after the replacement. it's back to the old problem of long crank or seomtime's up to 3 tries.

berniedd, have you manage to resolved your problem? share naman po if you got something working. salamat.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    update ko lang ang ginawa ako sa aking side. yesterday, i decided to get back on the spark plug for as far as i can recall, it started a few days after ako magpa PMS. as it turned out, all my spark plugs are erroded brown. i asked my trusted mechanic why is it nor corroded intstead of the usual burned black. the reply was possibly due to the moisture during the cold days during the past couple of months. at any rate we replaced it with platinum series and i also noticed that the 3 rubber boots on the spark connector are gone. so we put some boots back (galing junk shop). this morning, it was 1 click na. tried to cool it down again and restart after 4 hours, 1 click pa rin even without stepping on the gas pedal anymore.

will monitor further the next few days and will give validation feed back again after a week.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    jere's my final update, after 2 days of replacing the spark plugs & 1 click starting, it went broke again as in puro redondo na lang, wala ng start . as it turned out, the was dirt particles in the gas tank. This was observed when we opened the fuel pump. after cleaning the tank & pump, it's back to it's original 1 click start up to this morning.

In summary for the resoluton of the problem, i have:

1.changed spark plugs.
    2. replaced fuel filter & pump.
    3. drained clean fuel tank.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Guys, here's the update on my CRV. Nothing has helped after changing the spark plugs, fuel filter, and disassembling and cleaning everything removable on the throttle air intake and plenum assembly. Problem was resolved when I stopped using E10 gas and went back to regular unleaded. Funny thing, Honda Phils website I visited mentioned nothing about my CRV being E10 incompatible. It had a short list of Hondas not to be used with E10, mostly Accords and a few older Civics. Now I know better.

I didn't change the fuel pump because mahal, and I patronize only 2 Shell gas stations over the past 8 years. Never had bad or dirty gas from them, and hindi sila binabaha. Mataas ang puwesto nila sa ground level, sloping pa ang lupang puwesto, kaya hindi binabaha.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    always try to replace the cheaper stuff before you go straight to the fuel pump etc.

i wouldn't know why ipapalit yun since if the car still starts the pump is obviously working pa.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
CRV 1999 hard starting, what should I look into?