New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by threx666 View Post
    Sir IIRC the manual states replacement po ng fuel filter is 20k km po yata , I maybe wrong though hehehehe kaya nga I try to search on a way to DIY the fuel filter replacement .

So dapat ba after palitan yun filter just switch ON first so diesel can be pump primed in the new filter , do this a few times to bleed ? Am I right po ba?

Thanx peeps

after installing the fuel filter, bleed it para lumabas ang hangin, pag fuel na lumabas, pwede na un.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Reviving this old thread... On the topic of replacing the fuel filter. Is it a must that we also change the fuel-water sensor at the bottom everytime we change the fuel filter?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^^ No. just clean it with diesel then screw it in to the new filter bottom. magnetic float switch lang naman yun.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by yebo View Post
    ^^^ No. just clean it with diesel then screw it in to the new filter bottom. magnetic float switch lang naman yun.
    Thanks yebo! When cleaning it, is it something that can be dismantled or pagtanggal nya from the filter cartridge, pwede na banlawan and the water will just drain out?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
CRDI engines fuel filter Replacement