New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    thanks bambino ... i am not a serious mechanic, just a car enthusiast with engineering background ... i only troubleshoot our own cars ... its enough that you introduced the technique of checking compression problems electronically ... with my crude tools, i can do it barok way

it looks like your future gadgets would include pressure transducers so you can finally have true pressure waveforms

2. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Wow im so interested sir bambino for a newbie like me...

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by AzRieL21 View Post
    Wow im so interested sir bambino for a newbie like me...
    if you are serious of fixing cars , upgrading your skills is the best investment

are you interested of some tools that you can build yourself ?

or the picoscope kit with first look sensor kit ( pressure transducer )

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Speedlab 2k compression test for diesel

5. Join Date
    May 2006
    mahal pala compression test diesel. nagtanong din ako kay speedyfix petrol/gas lang cla compression test.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bambino View Post
    i read that you work with diesels and this machine is perfect for it

you have'nt seen the misfire diagnostics capability of this amazing tool and the test will only take 5 minutes or less

considering the precise mechanical diagnostics
    Dalawin mo kami when you are in the Philippines. Medyo hirap lang negosyo but we would like to know breakthrough in our line of business.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    correction. hindi pala sa speedlab na inquire ko for the diesel compression test na 2k. sa autotechnika pala sa the fort yun.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    *bambino

How do i disable ignition on our Starex for compression test? It is model 2003 TDCI engine. I hope it is as easy as for a gas engine.

Thanks.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    *bambino

How do i disable ignition on our Starex for compression test? It is model 2003 TDCI engine. I hope it is as easy as for a gas engine.

Thanks.
    If your fuel injection pump is the VE (ROTARY) type, you will have to disconnect the wire to the injection pump's shut-off valve so that the pump will not deliver fuel to the injectors.

If it's the later common rail system, the fuse to the ECU should be removed to prevent the ECU from triggering the injectors.

In both cases, you are preventing the engine from running by electrically disabling the injection system.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by kinyo View Post
    *bambino

Thanks.
    ignition key off , use a remote starter switch to crank the engine

that way you're not inviting the check engine light to set on you

but the best if you are properly equipped to handle a diesel one

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Compression Test Question