Quote Originally Posted by sboogie View Post
i think you forgot that the oil filter and drain plug is already taken off

sobra ng "not" yung last lol

sboogie,
i don't see why you wanna pressurize the crankcase to speed up the draining process. i do not comprehend using shop air to let the atmospheric pressure into the crankcase. maybe if you are trying to push the oil out with air at less pressure. the oil will drain at its rate and it gets better with hotter,thinner oil. the average time where most asian cars with 3.8 liters of oil drains out is less than the time used to check the tire pressures of the car. the oil clinging to the sides of the crankcase in anyway is not pushed by this air. it takes time for it to go down. you might have thought that almost all of the oil was pushed out, how about the amount of oil around the crankshaft, connecting rods, crankcase walls. sometimes we just have to have the needed patience. if you like the lechon to taste good and be thoroughly cooked, you just have to take the time. in the meantime while you are getting impatient with the oil draining, do some reckoning what other services the car might need. for me, i will not waste the time watching the oil drip. time in a shop is money. just sharing my experience working with cars, trucks, heavy equipment, boats and airplanes. there is no substitute for time
jick
instructor
guam community college