New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2004
    dieseline:

where did you buy your mr funnel water separator?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ECG
    i heard CRD engines are beyond the repair capabilities of an ordinary mechanic/auto shop. it has to be in the "casa".
    Presently medyo mahirap. Pero remember that technology trickles down.

Remember when the first fuel injected cars (Corolla, Sentra ECCS, etc.) were unservicable by the average mechanic? Pero ngayon kahit saan pwede mo na ipaayos.

Same with automatic climate control systems. Ngayon pati climate control ng older BMW 7-series sedans naaayos ni Mang Mario.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    gen1, you got pm.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i think crdi is that good. look at the crdi 3.0 engine of the bmw 5 series, it produces 500nm....that's a lot for a 3.0 6 cylinder sedan. more torque that some gas fed v8 engines.euro can makers are starting to invest more in diesel technology than ever before. i think the japs should follow.

5. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by paj4x4
    Besides the claimed better fuel consumption I've read somewhere that a key benefit of CRDI technology is the fact that the incidence of getting clogged injectors (due to the poor quality of diesel fuel) will substantially decrease.
    I dont think that diesel is really the problem, like in Innova's case mine has this Hard/failed starting but Innova_boy unit dont have this problem and were using the same fuel brand. I think the fault here is wd the manufacturer like Toyota
    maybe coz High demand Quality Control seuffers.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    troopers were one of the first crdi engines made locally available and they had a lot of problems with the injectors...me included.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by larshell
    I dont think that diesel is really the problem, like in Innova's case mine has this Hard/failed starting but Innova_boy unit dont have this problem and were using the same fuel brand. I think the fault here is wd the manufacturer like Toyota
    maybe coz High demand Quality Control seuffers.

that is very true. we stayed away from Toyota since the reign of the Corolla GL & GLi. noon panahon na yun, halos lahat naka-Corolla, it's status quo. pero napansin ko pag inuutusan ako dad ko pa-service car nya, halos d na ako ma-service-an coz ang dami nagpapa-service. we shifted to Honda , konti pa meron and VIP treatment pa din hehehe. Then came the gen2 CRV, shift ulit kami hehehe.

but now it seems that Ford service centers are getting jampacked na din coz of the very successful Everest.

8. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    that is very true. we stayed away from Toyota since the reign of the Corolla GL & GLi. noon panahon na yun, halos lahat naka-Corolla, it's status quo. pero napansin ko pag inuutusan ako dad ko pa-service car nya, halos d na ako ma-service-an coz ang dami nagpapa-service. we shifted to Honda , konti pa meron and VIP treatment pa din hehehe. Then came the gen2 CRV, shift ulit kami hehehe.

but now it seems that Ford service centers are getting jampacked na din coz of the very successful Everest.
    You have a point there, pag nabenta ko yong Innova ko Montero sports ang ipapalit ko yong utol ko Bihira pa kami pa sa kalsada

9. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    The Department of Energy here in the Philippines periodically do "fun runs" to determine fuel economy of certain vehicles.

I first saw this 2 years ago and was surprised when a BMW X5 beat the Isuzu Highlander of that time and all the other diesel engines by a wide margin. The X5 diesel registered at about 24km/L while the Highlander came it at about 14km/L. My figures might not be exact because I saw the article 2 years ago, but I recall that the disparity between the two were around this big.

I think this was one of the 1st displays of the CRDi technology back then which the Europeans were already developing.

Correspondingly, I noticed that the CRDi's of Hyundai which I test drove did not vibrate as much as normal diesel engines. According to their sales people, Hyundai uses a European CRDi system (I think it was Bosch, not sure), which is supposed to be superior to the Japanese or American CRDi's.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VM_Motori

no wonder now where Hyundai get their CRDI engines!

and we'd soon be getting a VM Motori engine too ... on a Captiva!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Is Common Rail Technology THAT Good???