New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Peeps,

My Strada is turning 3 this year with 60k to it's name. I'm due for filter replacements (Oil, Fuel and Air). I need your general concensus on the use of replacement filters (i.e. Japan made like Vic, Union, etc...). Medyo malaki ang price difference with the use of OEMs. Can they be used for the same service life lenght as the OEMs? I plan on shifting to them.

Thanks.

Been using VIC as replacement oil filters since I can remember. Fuel and Air filters dami din na replacement na Japan made. I do replace them regularly so wala naman problema. Check mo din prices with the OEM. Sa Trooper kasi di malayo yung air filter na replacement with the OEM. VIC is 400 bucks and 800 for the oil filter so ito malaki and the fuel filter I use now is for a Mazda (Japan made) but eksakto sa specs. 400 din lang so malaki difference nito sa OEM. HTH!

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I also use ViC filter for fluids.

For air filters, I use the Php 140.00/each brand they have at GlennSter's shop.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    eto tip sa kin ng purchasing officer namin who used to handle the purchasing of spare parts ng trucking department of the company where he used to work... most OEM filters daw, subcontracted nila sa VIC (japan) filters ang mga filters nila. sa mga na try ko na non-OEM oil filters, mukhang VIC nga ang mukhang ok in terms of it's being an exact match ng OEM... mas mura pa sa OEM but slightly more expensive than the others that I've tried. hope this helps

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    VIC = recommended din ng El Dorado sa Mitsu vehicles. Pero may fake nito.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ive been using vic din po sa oil and fuel filters... pano po malalaman kung orig o fake? tnx

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Originally posted by AC
    ive been using vic din po sa oil and fuel filters... pano po malalaman kung orig o fake? tnx
    Can't tell if it's fake or orig either. i guess you just have to buy it from a reputable dealer.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Using Vic for oil and air filters but stuck to OEM for fuel filter since i've seen a Vic fuel filter leak after 20k km use.

The Orig Vic oil filters have computer printed characters on the top of the filter, the name Eiken inds on the side. Best to buy from a reputable shop. Also, check if the Vic box specifies your engine type since there are so many models.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2004
    You may call 3614315 and look for Vem, they are authorized distributor of VIC filters fr Japan.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    how about replacement air filters ng gen 2 crv magkano and wat brand>? and how much din ang OEM

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Comment on Replacement Filters