New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Paano ninyo nililinis ang Simota air filter ninyo?

ginagawa ko lang kasi is babad sa diesel or gasoline, then warm water with soap.

btw, diba ang K&N kailangan pa lagyan ng oil after cleaning.

May alternative ba sa K&N filterchharger oil na iyan?

your inputs please...

2. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    simota filterr din gamit ko.. soak lang sa water ang gngawa ko

3. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    With K&N you have to spray it down with a special cleaning agent and then put some oil on it,.. but for cheapskates (like me), we sometimes just wash it down with water or compressed air. (One caveat: strong water pressure or air jets may damage the filter).

Simota has it's own version of the K&N cleaning kit, but I don't really like their oil.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

4. Join Date
    Nov 2006
    here's my two cents worth of (cheapskate) experience cleaning these gauze type filters.

first you run tap water (without using too much pressure) from the inside of the filter to help push the dirt out from the element. then mix a solution of grease-cutting dishwashing detergent and water. use a paint brush and gently brush the mixture on the outside pleats of the filter to further cleanse the element of dirt particles. rinse again from the inside without using too much tap water pressure. then air dry the filter before applying the filter oil.

NOTE: take care not to rinse or scrub with undue force since you wouldn't want to enlarge any of the miniscule perforations on the gauze material for larger dirt particles to come through. so using pressurized air is not a good idea!

as for the filter oil, the most practical cheap alternative is to find any kind of mineral based oil that wouldn't run off (too much) the pleats once applied. try not to use any kind of petroleum-based oil since this would possibly be harsh enough to damage the gauze material or the rubber part of the filter. this means that cleaning the filter with diesel or gasoline is not advisable also!

HTH

cheers mga kapatid!

5. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    here's what i do with my simota cone:

mix 1 cap of joy dishwashing fluid to half pail of water hanggang sa bumula
    put the filter in the pail and just agitate it para matanggal dumi
    rinse with running water (or dip it in a pail of clean water hanggang mawala yung detergent)
    air dry (wag paarawan, wag bugahan ng compressed air, i usually allot 2 days for this)
    spray with a little wd40 (don't use the straw, spray around a foot away)

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by wewoy_romero View Post
    here's what i do with my simota cone:

mix 1 cap of joy dishwashing fluid to half pail of water hanggang sa bumula
    put the filter in the pail and just agitate it para matanggal dumi
    rinse with running water (or dip it in a pail of clean water hanggang mawala yung detergent)
    air dry (wag paarawan, wag bugahan ng compressed air, i usually allot 2 days for this)
    spray with a little wd40 (don't use the straw, spray around a foot away)
    same thing i always we do with my cone filter.

cleaning Simota air filter (or any other cone type filter)