New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Tinanggal ko po yung cylinder head cover nung lancer ko to clean it, and I noticed that the overhead cam, springs and the whole area was full of sticky oil deposits, grime and burned oil flakes, due to bad oil change habit siguro nung previous owner.

I am worried na baka pumasok ito sa loob ng engine and cause problems later on. So I am figuring out how to remove the sludge and flakes.

Pwede po ba na i-scrape ito then flush with diesel so that the dirt will be flushed all the way down to the crankcase, then remove the oil pan to completely drain off the oil together with the accumulated dirt? Wala po bang ibang holes na pwedeng pasukan yung dirt na pwedeng makasama sa engine.
    wala po bang pwedeng maging efect yung diesel sa valve seal? TIA

2. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by burnok View Post
    Tinanggal ko po yung cylinder head cover nung lancer ko to clean it, and I noticed that the overhead cam, springs and the whole area was full of sticky oil deposits, grime and burned oil flakes, due to bad oil change habit siguro nung previous owner.

I am worried na baka pumasok ito sa loob ng engine and cause problems later on. So I am figuring out how to remove the sludge and flakes.

Pwede po ba na i-scrape ito then flush with diesel so that the dirt will be flushed all the way down to the crankcase, then remove the oil pan to completely drain off the oil together with the accumulated dirt? Wala po bang ibang holes na pwedeng pasukan yung dirt na pwedeng makasama sa engine.
    wala po bang pwedeng maging efect yung diesel sa valve seal? TIA
    hey bro, well mukhang na i-imagine ko na kung gaano ka dami ng Sludge sa Cylinder Head mo and its going to be a PITA to clean that!

anywayz, pwede din yung idea mo na i-scrape off yung oil sludge and wash it off with diesel (with the oil pan off, to let it drain). also, as long as you'll wash it off thoroughly (and dont run the engine, of course) then it shouldnt be a problem. and also, kung may Air Hose ka, bugahan mo din ng hangin ang oil passages / ports sa cylinder head while cleaning, para siguradong bumaba ang mga oil sludge and grime. then pag malinis na ang head, coat mo agad ng Engine Oil para hindi mag stay yung residue ng Diesel fuel (kahit na di pa naka kabit ang oil pan, para mag drain out completely ang residue). then once everything is all good and clean, put the Oil Pan and the Valve Cover back on, install a new Oil Filter and fill the engine with Oil. then start it up.

also, I would suggest changing the oil & filter once more (kahit less than 50-100 miles) para siguradong matanggal lahat ng dumi sa loob ng makina.

aite, peace.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Sir KBR, thank you very much po sa reply.

Good to know na pwede po yung gagawin kong method ng paglinis.
    Just afraid before na baka makasira ng kung anumang part ng engine yung diesel. Thanks again!

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by burnok View Post
    Sir KBR, thank you very much po sa reply.

Good to know na pwede po yung gagawin kong method ng paglinis.
    Just afraid before na baka makasira ng kung anumang part ng engine yung diesel. Thanks again!
    hey bro, no problem! I'm just tryin to help out ya know wat I mean!? hehe

aite, peace.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    drop the oil pan and clean manually so that you can clean the engine from top to bottom. when malinis na, reinstall the oil pan and change the oil.

Cleaning the cylinder head assembly