New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2006
    My Civic A/T is giving me a jerk/rock when I change shift (P to R/D).. I have not had it check by a mechanic because my budget is still tight, but some of friends told me that it might be the ENGINE SUPPORT probs...

Does anyone know how much would it cost me to have the ENGINE SUPPORT FIX (parts and labor)?

Is this a serious problem?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudee View Post
    My Civic A/T is giving me a jerk/rock when I change shift (P to R/D).. I have not had it check by a mechanic because my budget is still tight, but some of friends told me that it might be the ENGINE SUPPORT probs...

Does anyone know how much would it cost me to have the ENGINE SUPPORT FIX (parts and labor)?

Is this a serious problem?
    That's called shift-shock.

I wouldn't immediately put the blame on the engine/transmission support. Could be a simple matter of replacing your ATF. AFAIK, Civics are known to have jerky AT's

Malakas ba vibration ng makina mo during high rpm's or idling? If so, then most probably engine support nga

3. Join Date
    Nov 2003
    normal for the ek's to have shift shock. good full syn atf will reduce it pero will not totally banish it.

if the engine support is busted it is relatively cheap and simple to replace.

4. Join Date
    May 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Galactus View Post
    That's called shift-shock.
    Malakas ba vibration ng makina mo during high rpm's or idling? If so, then most probably engine support nga
    Di naman malakas ang vibration, yun normal lang... When I shift to Reverse, yun may jerk talaga, sa Drive parang di masyado.

CIVIC Engine Support???