New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Sa mga panahon ngayon, even a loose fuel cap can trigger the check engine light...dami talagang possible factors.

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

2. Join Date
    Jul 2003
    OOnga Otep. Di ko maintindihan why they cant just include the diagnostic computer sa car para naman di vague. even low octane fuel that strts knocking the engine will cause a check engine.

May nabibili na nga for some cars na diagnostic computer. It's small lang. Pwede mo pa i reprogram ang computer for power or economy.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    My suggestion is for you to obtain the error code from the casa. They can run the diagnostic and they will probably charge you P200 to get the code using their diagnostic computer. The error code will also tell you exactly what caused the check engine light to go on. oftentimes, the culprit is an A/F sensor hiccup and this will cause the check engine light to engage. Once you find out from the casa what the error is, you can check on it yourself or bring it to a more affordable mechanic. Hindi ka basta maloloko ng casa na computer box kaagad ang may problema. Hope this helps.

4. Join Date
    Nov 2002
    nangyari yan sa akin yesterday sa the fort... hiccups ang engine... pinatay ko then when I start, nag-start naman pero ON ang check engine na light... tinawagan ko ang very very very trusted mekanik ko... sabi ganito:

1. check mo connection ng sensors lalong lalo na yung malapit sa air filter. baka natanggal or maluwang.

2. kung nakakabit, 2 lang pedi problem niyan - sira sensors mo or ecu mo

buti na lang maluwang lang ang pagka-kabit nung sensors... and sakto sinabi niya yung malapit sa air filter nga ang maluwang... akala ko may sira na...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
check engine